Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Registered
One I'm sure has been discussed before but does anyone know for sure what, if any, the differences are with the engine between the 3.0d 237hp and the 3.0d 271hp versions?

I've read that the injectors and some exhaust parts are different but otherwise the main engine is the same
. However I've also heard that there are no differences are all and it's all down to the ECU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I read too.
Probably the easiest way re: injectors is to compare part numbers between S and non S

Registered
Again repeating: all components the same from short block to ECU module.
Michael, wasn't disputing, just an example of proving it either way....

Registered
So I can have a "factory remap" of my 237hp 3.0 to 271hp without a problem?
Seems the OOTB injection pressure for the S is 25% higher than the non-S. So if that's included in the map, then that's all it is then.

So other maps may extend the time the injector is open to get more fuel in.

Registered
Sorry to re-open old topic, had the exact same question as im going to remap my 3.0 240hp 500NM engine. Question is, has anyone done the 240HP remap to ~325HP ?
Should i do first remap to factory 275 and then aftermarket remap?
I plan to go to place where they do it on dyno anyway.

Registered
Sorry to re-open old topic, had the exact same question as im going to remap my 3.0 240hp 500NM engine. Question is, has anyone done the 240HP remap to ~325HP ?
Should i do first remap to factory 275 and then aftermarket remap?
I plan to go to place where they do it on dyno anyway.
it doesn't work that way, you only have 1 live map that the car uses, so mapping to 275 then after market map will just overwrite the 275 map.
Just go from factory 240 to 325 with aftermarket, good they've got a dyno so you can see real gains and tailored to your motor

Registered
I understand that, my main question is that can I just tell them that start playing around with remap meant for 275HP and go on from there?

Registered
I understand that, my main question is that can I just tell them that start playing around with remap meant for 275HP and go on from there?
doubt they'll have the oem 275map it'll be their own bespoke one I would have thought. The GB should be good for 600-700NM so that's you limiting factor

Registered
Just to confirm, from the remap on dyno, it seems they are not the same. I got from 240 to 300HP and 500 to 630nm of torque. Inital measures were little higher.

Registered
I always wondered about this as well and when I made an enquiry to a remap company in Scotland they said the injectors were different. But I think it was Tony Dalton (remapper) who said there are no differences.

This is in the workshop manual. The last sentence suggests you can't remap, I suspect they are just arse covering?

The engine is available in three power output forms; 211 Horse Power (HP), 240 HP and 275 HP. The power difference is
achieved by changes to the engine calibration within the ECM (engine control module) and other vehicle control modules.

NOTE: It is not possible to re-configure a lower power output engine to the higher output specification.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #55
A member here checked all the part numbers and they were the same.

I believe it was Spires that first suggested the injectors were different however this was shown to be because the engines were from different model years where there was a normal part change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 55 of 55 Posts