Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The Celtic Tuning figures are significantly different - S on the Stage 1 tune gives 322 bhp while the non-S gives 307 bhp (the same as the 208 bhp variant).

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The Celtic Tuning figures are significantly different - S on the Stage 1 tune gives 322 bhp while the non-S gives 307 bhp (the same as the 208 bhp variant).
Yep. That's why I'm thinking there must be something. Or both engines will achieve the same figures.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
That's great ... something to consider as soon as the warranty runs out.
Why waiting warranty ends? It possible to make XFS on warranty car, the dealer doesn't see any errors or non-factory ECU modifications. The same way there was install Euro2 tune with some mods in my vehicle. The dealer doesn't even understood what was done, all system works perfect :)

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
If you load Celtic Tuning program or other tuner company and connect dealer SDD software, there will be some errors with PCM module, in this case no more warranty on engine. Even if you try to load factory SW, the errors remains :)

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Why waiting warranty ends? It possible to make XFS on warranty car, the dealer doesn't see any errors or non-factory ECU modifications. The same way there was install Euro2 tune with some mods in my vehicle. The dealer doesn't even understood what was done, all system works perfect :)
So I can have a "factory remap" of my 237hp 3.0 to 271hp without a problem?

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
There no JLR tune for 350hp.
I didn't say that. There are tuners out there what offer remaps for the XFS only that take them to in the region of 350hp. But they don't offer the same remap for the 237hp engine.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I didn't say that. There are tuners out there what offer remaps for the XFS only that take them to in the region of 350hp. But they don't offer the same remap for the 237hp engine.
What they do if you load their program and you get some problem with engine? There no longer warranty for engine
Also don't forget, if they are open ECU and solder to it, there no more warranty for this ECU and engine.

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What they do if you load their program and you get some problem with engine? There no longer warranty for engine
Also don't forget, if they are open ECU and solder to it, there no more warranty for this ECU and engine.
Yes I know that. That's not what the question is.

Why do they (and other companies) not offer the same remap for both engines?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yes I know that. That's not what the question is.

Why do they (and other companies) not offer the same remap for both engines?
Because most of tuning companies uses the same ECU program, but on papers indicating different HP's for example there was one funny episode: one well-know company sells customers SVR tune program, but in real in was common XJ Supercharged tune program :) in real for get SVR tune needs additional remapping Gearbox and Engine

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Because most of tuning companies uses the same ECU program, but on papers indicating different HP's for example there was one funny episode: one well-know company sells customers SVR tune program, but in real in was common XJ Supercharged tune program :) in real for get SVR tune needs additional remapping Gearbox and Engine
So in theory there should be no reason why both engines cannot be remapped to the same output? If the company doing the remap does it correctly?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I wonder if this is like overclocking CPUs .... push it too far and you land up with a crispy, black piece of silicone ... or a piston pushed through the block in this case.

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I wonder if this is like overclocking CPUs .... push it too far and you land up with a crispy, black piece of silicone ... or a piston pushed through the block in this case.
Well yes, that's exactly it. But if the engines are the same, we know the gearboxes are, then in theory the power output could be made the same.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Well yes, that's exactly it. But if the engines are the same, we know the gearboxes are, then in theory the power output could be made the same.
Great, so I suggest that you go first :cheeky-grin: ... let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
So in theory there should be no reason why both engines cannot be remapped to the same output? If the company doing the remap does it correctly?
For example: the LR2 or Evoque has two types of tune programs for 2.2D engine 150 and 190HP. There was sold a lot of 150hp vehicles and remapping dealers to 190hp versions. The same situation was with RANGE ROVER SPORT with some engines.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts