Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One I'm sure has been discussed before but does anyone know for sure what, if any, the differences are with the engine between the 3.0d 237hp and the 3.0d 271hp versions?

I've read that the injectors and some exhaust parts are different but otherwise the main engine is the same. However I've also heard that there are no differences are all and it's all down to the ECU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
One I'm sure has been discussed before but does anyone know for sure what, if any, the differences are with the engine between the 3.0d 237hp and the 3.0d 271hp versions?

I've read that the injectors and some exhaust parts are different but otherwise the main engine is the same. However I've also heard that there are no differences are all and it's all down to the ECU.

Yes they have difference... In ECU program.

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it is just the ECU?

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes so two engines from the same MY.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
A long time ago in a far away place, Spires wrote that the injectors were different between the two versions. Not sure if the gearbox would need to run a different program as well though.

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A long time ago in a far away place, Spires wrote that the injectors were different between the two versions. Not sure if the gearbox would need to run a different program as well though.
I read that as well however it's not stated whether they were both from the same MY.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Also difference with the 300hp version. I presume there will be more differences as this is Euro 6?

With my old 140hp Ford diesel it was supposed to be possible to change the config to the 163hp version. When you then went on Ford IDS it would update it with the 163hp PCM download and you would then have a 163 engine. Can something similar be done with the 237hp engine?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Also difference with the 300hp version. I presume there will be more differences as this is Euro 6?

With my old 140hp Ford diesel it was supposed to be possible to change the config to the 163hp version. When you then went on Ford IDS it would update it with the 163hp PCM download and you would then have a 163 engine. Can something similar be done with the 237hp engine?
Not so easy as on Ford IDS, in JLR SDD needs Engineer Code for ref lash ECU with different firmware.

·
Super Moderator
27,286 Posts
I would drop Spires a message Chris, they should be able to give you a definitive answer :)

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@MickAdams you ask a good question on Facebook.

"Why do the two engines remap to different values of the engines are the same."

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
@MickAdams you ask a good question on Facebook.

"Why do the two engines remap to different values of the engines are the same."

On different markets different taxation and payments for HP and limits

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On different markets different taxation and payments for HP and limits
Sorry we don't mean why are their different power output engines, that's a given.

The question is why when you remap a 237hp engine can it only really achieve 300-310hp (based on the remap companies I've looked at) whereas the 271hp engine can be taken up to 350+. Surely both engines can be tuned to the same level.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Seems that someone really wanted to buy an S looking at all this mod research recently :D

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems that someone really wanted to buy an S looking at all this mod research recently :D
Who me? Nope. Someone asked on Facebook and, as here, there were conflicting answers. Some say they are the same, some say different.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Oh, the "friend" ;)

As far as i know - it's injectors & exhaust for sure, but maybe valves too.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts