Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
@Tomcar

I admired your great work. I have some questions. :D

Does your Jag already have a telematics module installed? I want to use the Live service. My car is always connected to the internet using LTE dongle. Yes, my Jag doesn't have a telematics module. However, without the module, Internet service does not seem to be activated.

Is it possible to activate Internet service only by modifying CCF?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Rustry,
Welcome on board.

i can make a short write up the next days.
First i have to get my HDD back to work. By now i have AndroidAuto with googlemaps but no internal Navigation which i can display on the speedo and the HUD.

If you only need Android Auto, you probably dont have to change any hardware. I heared that the CCF change must be sufficient.

For Apple Carply you have to change the UIP in the middle armrest to a higher version with HDMI/SIM. Additionally you have to install a wire from that UIP to the IMC in the boot of the car.
The wire is very expensive (~160€) and did take about 6 weeks till i got it from the dealer.

What kind of hardware do you have?
ICTP?
what uip (that thing with the USB ports :) ) in the armrest?

Here is a small foretaste of the wire installation :)
The blue wire is the new one
View attachment 186585

View attachment 186586
Hello TomCar
I hope you solved the problem with the HDD
In these days I have made improvements, only need the cable from UIP to IMC. Could you share where do you buy it?
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Sorry for the delay.
My time is still very limited.
And no, my hdd still doesn't work :(

I purchased the cable T4N18863.
But i think you will be fine when you get the T4N20692.

I write some more Infos in few days.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
what is worth waiting for...
I think I'm now finished with my SDD CCF edit :)

So all my wanted settings work now:
  • LKA
  • Android Auto, Apple CarPlay
  • Mirror Dip (without memory seats :))
  • Wiper Wintermode
  • DriverDrowsyMonitor

The only thing is my navigation system. Since my car oem has no sim for internet, the navigation system gets no traffic information.
I hoped that this could be done over a wifi hotspot and some CCF Editings, but i havent found the solution by now. I got the Browser in ICTP to work, but there is still no chance to get navigation online.
This would be a great thing if I get this to work.

Perhaps you know a hint.
Thanks for all the help (especially Onotole)

·
Registered
78 Posts
The only thing is my navigation system. Since my car oem has no sim for internet, the navigation system gets no traffic information.
I hoped that this could be done over a wifi hotspot and some CCF Editings, but i havent found the solution by now. I got the Browser in ICTP to work, but there is still no chance to get navigation online.
You will need a 1y or 3y map update subscription to get the live traffic. I got it working this way (via Wi-Fi hotspot from my phone).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
i have a 3y subscription.
Since my car has OEM no SIM Card, my ICTP doesnt want to communicate to the WorldWideWeb :)
Also, i have no menu in my car where i could log in to my 3y subscription.
Where can you do that? In navigation menu?
Do you have a SimCardSlot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
what is worth waiting for...
I think I'm now finished with my SDD CCF edit :)

So all my wanted settings work now:
  • LKA
  • Android Auto, Apple CarPlay
  • Mirror Dip (without memory seats :))
  • Wiper Wintermode
  • DriverDrowsyMonitor

Perhaps you know a hint.
Thanks for all the help (especially Onotole)
How did you fix LKA Problem?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
The main problem wasnt the power steering type.
I did a setting in "PDC auto activation" --> Default on non configurable.
That caused that my PA stopped working.
I changed it back to Default off and it worked again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The main problem wasnt the power steering type.
I did a setting in "PDC auto activation" --> Default on non configurable.
That caused that my PA stopped working.
I changed it back to Default off and it worked again.
That is interesting. I set the "PDC auto activation" --> Default on non configurable." and everything works as expected...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bonjour à tous, je dois modifier un RRE 2017 et ajouter le système carplay, j'ai le nécessaire pour modifier les CCF avec SDD
Quelle ligne faut-il modifier pour activer le CARPLAY ?
Merci de votre aide

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Just as a thought, it might be better to post in English on an English language based forum.. Welcome aboard nonetheless... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI sorry
thank you for accepting

Hello everyone, I have to modify a 2017 RRE and add the carplay system, I have the necessary to modify the CCFs with SDD
Which line must be modified to activate the CARPLAY?
Thank you for your help

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
No need for the apology @langlais.. (y) Just try remember that when it comes to language, most of us on here are only fluent in English.. and profanity (swearing)... :D

Hopefully @Gav or @Statler or @Someonelse will be along shortly with some much more useful advice..

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
HI sorry
thank you for accepting

Hello everyone, I have to modify a 2017 RRE and add the carplay system, I have the necessary to modify the CCFs with SDD
RRE? Range Rover Evoke? This is a Jaguar forum. No idea what an Evoke runs. Maybe someone who does will explain. But with Jaguars, AFAIK, to enable CarPlay was a dealer system upgrade, to ITCP only (10 inch screen), can't be done to ITC (8 inch with hardware buttons each side). And even then, there's reports of dealers bricking the car systems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, people. This will definitely make my life easier. Do you know if it is easy to make data recovery from a car SSD? The computer in my car has crashed, and I don’t know how to reinstall my music library. It was not very big, but I liked it a lot and spent some time compounding it. Maybe you can suggest some tools I can use to reinstall it? Or some kind of software? I would be grateful for any answer because I have tried everything I knew and I just can’t do it. Maybe there are auto shops that are good at it? I need one in Seattle or Ohio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI sorry
thank you for accepting

Which line must be modified to activate the CARPLAY?
Thank you for your help
Hello langlais, have you found your answer ? Could you help me or anyone else here ?
Thanks for help !

61 - 77 of 77 Posts