Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2016 XF 2.0 R and had no issues for the first month of use, I then went away with work for a month and the car was run once during this time to which there was no issues. After I returned my car didn’t start so I charged it to 100% and it then started but lots of faults started to come up. Did some research and determined I needed a new battery. New battery is in, now it’s showing “stop start fault” even after over 3 hours of driving. I’m aware there is a secondary battery that powers the stop start but surely this amount of road time would charge it?

before I changed the main battery I would stop at lights, where it would stop and then once I lifted my foot from the break it would turn off and go to park.

i know I might have to buy a new secondary battery but looking for some other solutions that I can try first.

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2016 XF 2.0 R and had no issues for the first month of use, I then went away with work for a month and the car was run once during this time to which there was no issues. After I returned my car didn’t start so I charged it to 100% and it then started but lots of faults started to come up. Did some research and determined I needed a new battery. New battery is in, now it’s showing “stop start fault” even after over 3 hours of driving. I’m aware there is a secondary battery that powers the stop start but surely this amount of road time would charge it?

before I changed the main battery I would stop at lights, where it would stop and then once I lifted my foot from the break it would turn off and go to park.

i know I might have to buy a new secondary battery but looking for some other solutions that I can try first.

Thanks.
There’s only one battery in the x260. Did you fully charge the new battery before fitting it?

You may need to reset the BMS so that it can recalibrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I see. The battery was from kwik fit and they told me it had been recalibrated as I seen them using a laptop and asked.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh, I see. The battery was from kwik fit and they told me it had been recalibrated as I seen them using a laptop and asked.
I would go back to them then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,118 Posts
At this age battery shouldn’t be the issue. It probably needed clearing DTCs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all, more news... I was driving on the motorway earlier today when my car stopped responding to my accelerator, I pulled over and turned off. Tried to turn on and hasn’t worked since, AA has looked at it, charged the battery and still won’t turn on so currently waiting on recovery. Has anyone had an issue like this before or have any clues?

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Needs the codes looking at. But that's a first on me - a Jag dying in full flight on the motorway.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
When you try to turn on the ign, what do you get?

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
But you get ign on, that’s a good sign, as John says think you need to get a code reader otherwise it’s just guessing

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
If you’ve got any tools I’d be tempted to disconnect the battery for 5mins

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Everything looks normal on dash. When you try to start, does everything goes dark for a sec? If not, does your brake taillight work?
also what happens when they jumpstart the car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No nothing goes dark, tail lights and headlights work even the electric boot and nothing happens when attempting to jump start. Battery still showing 12.7v

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
More specifically, Hamed was asking whether the brake light/s work?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
This doesn’t seem to be the battery. Car doesn’t engage the started. Could be something to do with keyless entry module, brake light switch, steering column lock or even starter motor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts