Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
thankyou for your reply

done and checked and all seems to be ok

sadly no start it鈥檚 not even trying to start very confused, would appreciate your help
It's not good guessing, it'll take much longer that way, what you can do for free is check fuses, relays, but you need a code scanner to see what the car thinks.

Registered
You have spurious DTCs stored, most likely due to low battery voltage at some point, such as GSM, HVAC etc, can probably be ignored. I don't like the fuel pressure value, 30000kPa isn't valid. Might I suggest you have a faulty fuel pressure sensor in the rail causing the pressure valve to open more than it should therefore starving the engine of fuel? I'm not a mechanic mind...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You have spurious DTCs stored, most likely due to low battery voltage at some point, such as GSM, HVAC etc, can probably be ignored. I don't like the fuel pressure value, 30000kPa isn't valid. Might I suggest you have a faulty fuel pressure sensor in the rail causing the pressure valve to open more than it should therefore starving the engine of fuel? I'm not a mechanic mind...
this maybe a possibility, that or HP pump but I鈥檓 hoping it鈥檚 the sensor lol

Registered
Common rail. Fuel enters at one end of the rail, there's a pressure sensor which feeds data to the ECU, there's 6 injectors fed from the rail, at the other end there's a pressure regulator valve, controlled by the ECU, which bleeds excess pressure back to the tank, possibly via the fuel filter. So quite how only 3 cylinders out of 6 are starved is a bit of a mystery.... Maybe the last "working" injector before the first of the 3 starved ones is very fuel pressure hungry and using it all..... You can tell I do not trust "professional mechanics".
Try locking the car and unlocking could be immobiliser not switching off preventing starting

Registered
Try locking the car and unlocking could be immobiliser not switching off preventing starting
But then it wouldn't even try to crank/turn over Momo.

Reactions: Gav

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Is it OK now?
no still not ok

it shows on diag 640kpa at the fuel rain, this does not change even when cranking engine. I think it鈥檚 pointing to the HP pump as I have changed the LP in tank, the only dtc I am getting is relating to the LP fuel level sensor but that shouldn鈥檛 stop it starting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
no still not ok

it shows on diag 640kpa at the fuel rain, this does not change even when cranking engine. I think it鈥檚 pointing to the HP pump as I have changed the LP in tank, the only dtc I am getting is relating to the LP fuel level sensor but that shouldn鈥檛 stop it starting
sorry 630kpa

Registered
Ah well it's in the hands of the "professionals" now, I'll let them sort it and rip me off! Phil
Hi, just an update, tuned out to be the HP fuel pump, replaced at a cost of 拢800, now starting and running fine. Phil

• Wow
Reactions: Gav

Registered
Congrats with your car

I think I am going to be needing to change the HP as well, not looking forward to it as it鈥檚 a days job grrr
Yes, not a very nice job, the Jag Indie I took it to took him 3 hours to fit the new pump, and he had already removed the old one, he didn't say how long it took to remove just fit. I know he said it's done mostly by touch as you can't see the back of the engine. Phil

21 - 33 of 33 Posts