Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I did put it in dynamic mode yesterday, chickened out of full throttle so just did half and it made a big impression. I think ill take it out late evening on a big open 3 lane motorway when hardly any cars around and try full throttle then.
I thought that may alleviate your problem with perceived lag lol. Sport with dynamic is superb if you don’t want to try the paddles yet!

·
Registered
337 Posts
You can go full throttle quite easily in them, they are controllable and predictable. For the power they've got when it's dry they're very drivable. Don't get complacent though, full throttle means they pick up a lot of speed very quickly and it's a 2 ton car to hustle round the next bend!

Mine is on the awful Dunlops which are about to get chucked away in favour of a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's which according to reviews I should have done a long time ago. As long as you're in control of it and on roads you know, you really can play with them...

Don't worry when you realise you've turned into a throttle tart either... it's perfectly normal. I think most of us XFR owners have turned into one of them... :D

David.

Reactions: Bobstar and PeteA

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
Also do these engines suffer excessive carbon deposits if driven slowly a lot?
I don't think any of our XFR crew have tried that yet!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I don't think any of our XFR crew have tried that yet!:rolleyes:
Slowly is fine. Not often is not. They’ll need an injector clean otherwise. Another problem becoming apparent. Mine wasn’t driven too much in its first 18 months. That eventually caused issues. Now very sorted, but an £1100 bill.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
You can go full throttle quite easily in them, they are controllable and predictable. For the power they've got when it's dry they're very drivable. Don't get complacent though, full throttle means they pick up a lot of speed very quickly and it's a 2 ton car to hustle round the next bend!

Mine is on the awful Dunlops which are about to get chucked away in favour of a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's which according to reviews I should have done a long time ago. As long as you're in control of it and on roads you know, you really can play with them...

Don't worry when you realise you've turned into a throttle tart either... it's perfectly normal. I think most of us XFR owners have turned into one of them... :D

David.
Thanks for the detail. Mine is also on dunlops but will get Michelins in a few months when winter is here
Slowly is fine. Not often is not. They’ll need an injector clean otherwise. Another problem becoming apparent. Mine wasn’t driven too much in its first 18 months. That eventually caused issues. Now very sorted, but an £1100 bill.
ouch, quite a bill. ill be sure to give it a good hard drive every now and then.

·
Registered
760 Posts
There are recommendations for fuel additive BG44k and CRC GDI intake cleaner to aid in the reduction of carbon build up...

I have found CRC is difficult to get over here for a reasonable price and got a couple of bottles of seafoam but am yet to try it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Enjoy it, looks lovely! I have just bought a Kyanite Blue XFR end of May and it amazes me in many ways. The sound, the presence, the looks, the speed of the thing, the fact I get 325+ miles to a tank of fuel! I've wanted a Kyanite one as long as I have known they exist and they are such cool cars. You'll love yours :)

I just picked up a cheap private plate for mine, never had a personal plate before.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Ah, a Kyanite XFR, what's not to love!! It would be most peoples colour of choice!
They are amazing cars and I never get tired of driving them.

Although mpg is not the reason to own one, I can get 350 miles on fast motorway runs (thanks to the 8 speed box). Enjoy your lovely beast!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobstar

·
Registered
68 Posts
Funny enough I’ve had my XFR for 18
Months, used maybe twice a week. 3 injectors failed a month ago (1k bill).. last week the remaining injectors failed and caused further issues with the spark plugs. Back with Jag for replacements (further 1.4k bill)

I did ask if the cars not driven enough or driven hard sometimes can cause these failures, and he said no. But still unsure

·
Registered
578 Posts
I’ve never had anything even remotely close to 300 miles from a tank, let alone the 325 and 350 you guys have mentioned!

That’s genuinely impressive considering the power, weight etc.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Enjoy it, looks lovely! I have just bought a Kyanite Blue XFR end of May and it amazes me in many ways. The sound, the presence, the looks, the speed of the thing, the fact I get 325+ miles to a tank of fuel! I've wanted a Kyanite one as long as I have known they exist and they are such cool cars. You'll love yours :)

I just picked up a cheap private plate for mine, never had a personal plate before.

View attachment 181092
Cracking photo Bob! :cool:

I've just sent you a PM.

Reactions: Bobstar
41 - 52 of 52 Posts