Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

Absolutely delighted with my xfr I picked up yesterday. 26,000 miles, 2 owners, seven services to date, ultimate black metallic, pretty much immaculate. I went through all of the checks that one of the members on here kindly put up and it passed every one.

The drive home was 240 miles and I couldn't believe the car only used half a tank of fuel. Worked out to about 28 mpg or so, although I was driving very carefully. Still yet to put my foot down more than half way, although when I did it was a surprise, I expected the power to come on instantly but must have a been a couple of seconds delay, then the engine noise increased, then the power came. Not complaining about this, just an observation and something I think gives the car character.

I love the way this cars exhaust sounds on tick over and also when pulling away from a stand still, let alone what it will be like on full throttle. It feels very special every time I start this car up.

Ive ordered some red enamel paint to do the jaguar letters on side and supercharged letters on bonnet.

Pics below (sorry for poor camera quality):

·
Registered
201 Posts
what a beauty
its one of the best cars ive owned and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it
Are you thinking of doing any other mods to it

·
Registered
17,603 Posts
Beautiful car!
(You'll have to put a personalised plate on it. But not one that says, "JAG" or "XFR" please. :oops: )

Reactions: R17

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks both

Im not sure about other mods. Maybe an exhaust in the future when im used to this one. Then again ive got 2 years approved used jaguar warranty so don't want to mess that up

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful car!
(You'll have to put a personalised plate on it. But not one that says, "JAG" or "XFR" please. :oops: )
I dont know about personalised plates.

I like the fact the car looks understated and unless you know what it is you think its just another jag. That makes me more comfortable leaving it places without attracting unwanted attention.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
If you have been tootling along for a while in D and not in dynamic or S mode the power does not come on instantly.
It's not the engine, it's the gearbox.
It goes into "lazy" mode and you need to wake it up.
A few ways to fix this:
1. Give it the berries regularly.
2. Put it in dynamic mode and give it some berries.
3. Use the left paddle to drop it down or gear or two (or three or four!)
3. Best of all, put it in both dynamic and S mode and use the paddles, whoooooosh!

·
Registered
201 Posts
something as simple as this shouldn't affect your warranty ive just ordered this although its not real carbon will lift the engine bay a bit
this is the first time ive actually managed to insert a photo so maybe looking at doing a separate post on my mods

·
Registered
17,603 Posts
Wasn't thinking of anything ostentatious. Your initials perhaps. I have one because it gets the age/year off the car.
And hey, that car is going to attract attention wherever you park it. Stand back and wallow. :cool:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Beautiful car!
Thanks John, maybe you remembered the plates I put on my old XFR.
JAGXFR.
So you scored two out of two!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I dont know about personalised plates.

I like the fact the car looks understated and unless you know what it is you think its just another jag. That makes me more comfortable leaving it places without attracting unwanted attention.
like this

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have been tootling along for a while in D and not in dynamic or S mode the power does not come on instantly.
It's not the engine, it's the gearbox.
It goes into "lazy" mode and you need to wake it up.
A few ways to fix this:
1. Give it the berries regularly.
2. Put it in dynamic mode and give it some berries.
3. Use the left paddle to drop it down or gear or two (or three or four!)
3. Best of all, put it in both dynamic and S mode and use the paddles, whoooooosh!
ah ok, I see. So if I was to drive slow in D all the time for say 2 weeks, not taking it over 2,000 rpm but then have to floor it to overtake for example will it take a lot longer for the car to respond, than if I had previously floored it several times over them 2 weeks? Does the car learn your driving style and remember this long term is what I mean if that makes sense?

Also do these engines suffer excessive carbon deposits if driven slowly a lot?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With regards to numberplates, ive never been too concerned about people knowing its 7 years old. In a way I quite like it.

I had a T reg evo 6 a couple of years ago and left the standard numberplate on that. The car was like new and the huge amount of comments people made about how they couldn't believe it was 20 years old I found a big compliment.

Id like to do the same with this jag, so in 5 years time the condition is a testament to the age.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
something as simple as this shouldn't affect your warranty ive just ordered this although its not real carbon will lift the engine bay a bit
this is the first time ive actually managed to insert a photo so maybe looking at doing a separate post on my mods
View attachment 180918
Does the engine cover literally just pull up and off? Mine is slightly off centre and needs repositioning but don't want to start pulling at it incase there are fixings under.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts