Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning, I've put a new battery on my xf 2.7d 2008 and now I've got the "cannot apply park break " message.. I've reset it numerous which it works fine until the next morning then it's back again... any ideas. Cheers

Registered
Or perhaps how a Korean footballer suffered a fracture. :unsure:

Reactions: Shrek and BigKev

Registered
Morning, I've put a new battery on my xf 2.7d 2008 and now I've got the "cannot apply park break " message.. I've reset it numerous which it works fine until the next morning then it's back again... any ideas. Cheers
When you say you've tried resetting, have you followed the steps in the below thread?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say you've tried resetting, have you followed the steps in the below thread?

Yes .. even went for a drive and used the park break at least 10 times and it was fine, but as soon as I moved in the morning it was back

Registered
Are the windows working correctly after you reset them and is the car remembering the reset of those. i.e. do they go up and down with a single press of the button? Have you tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after an hour or so, to see if it fixes it? Have you checked the battery voltage is 12.6v or close? Worth checking in the morning to see if it has lost any power while standing overnight. What was the reason for replacement - a parasitic drain may look like a failing battery, but odd the car starts the next day if it were this.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes everything else works fine, will try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so and try that. The battery was getting tired so i expecting it to go soon .

Registered
Yes everything else works fine, will try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so and try that. The battery was getting tired so i expecting it to go soon .
Now I'm confused.... you put in a new battery, now your (new? ) "battery was getting tired so i expecting it to go soon" ?
If either your old or new battery is not fully charged then any troubleshooting is off to a bad start.....
If it were me , I would fully charge whatever battery is currently installed and go from there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought this was going to be a thread about camping down the local playground 馃槀
[/QUOTE
Now I'm confused.... you put in a new battery, now your (new? ) "battery was getting tired so i expecting it to go soon" ?
If either your old or new battery is not fully charged then any troubleshooting is off to a bad start.....
If it were me , I would fully charge whatever battery is currently installed and go from there.
Sorry.. my old battery was getting tired, my new one is fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved.. a couple of corroded wires was the issue, this also happened on the reversing sensors ... sorted now . Ps. I know it's brake and not break. Thanks for the input .. cheers

Registered
Problem solved.. a couple of corroded wires was the issue, this also happened on the reversing sensors ... sorted now . Ps. I know it's brake and not break. Thanks for the input .. cheers
Thanks for the feedback. Where were the corroded wires?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts