Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
While I'm sure it WAS served somewhere... it seems odd that Jag customer services / Jag dealers / Paragon (now BCA) are saying they have no record of it..

If the car is sound, then why not agree to buy with a full service and all round check up?

·
Registered
23 Posts
If the car is sound, then why not agree to buy with a full service and all round check up?
I'm doing a full service as soon as I purchase, already factored into the deal. Just trying to work out if the lack of first stamp will hurt it when I re sell. Seller will give me copy of V5 showing the previous owner as JLR so hopefully I can explain whats happened and a potential buyer will believe me just like I'm believing this guy...

G

·
I'm doing a full service as soon as I purchase, already factored into the deal. Just trying to work out if the lack of first stamp will hurt it when I re sell. Seller will give me copy of V5 showing the previous owner as JLR so hopefully I can explain whats happened and a potential buyer will believe me just like I'm believing this guy...
why not give paragon a phone

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
But what happens if the service flags up something major?
If factored in, then I would buy after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I came across this forum after some googling - I too am trying to buy JLR vehicle (but with a green oval) which was first owned by Land Rover UK limited at Heyford Park. There is no record of the servicing and I’m going around in circles trying to find out more. George, you could be my saviour? Upper Heyford is a few miles away from me here and I have done a behind the scenes tour of the base AND been onto the edge of the JLR compound there. No all is need is some info on the computers! Perhaps I can DM you the VIN George? All the best, Ross

·
Administrator
31,055 Posts
Hi Ross, you may be better off opening a new thread in the "introductions" section (and introducing yourself too!)rather than tagging on to one that is a year old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paragon PDI most cars for JLR, history is available if anyone needs it. PM at least VIN and I can help out. If you happen to find your PDI supplement stamped with Jaguar Cars or Land Rover Solihull there is a good chance I could tell you even more.

From my experience having been to Paragon Corby is they are pretty well equipped but high turnover of staff as previously mentioned is a factor.

O'plated JLR cars stand a good chance of having been part of the 'management' fleet and V'plated cars typically engineering.

Finally Paragon are used mainly because of volume vs cost. No dealer wants to PDI cars all day every day as they would lose out on to many up sell jobs like services.

It's a very sad fact that PDI's are seen as low skill.
From previous experience they have had trained techs & full dealer level gear. But how that translates to who puts spanners to your car - it's the same lottery you get in a dealership, apprentice or a guy on bonus. If you have any concerns let me know and I can find some bits out.
Hello
From previous experience they have had trained techs & full dealer level gear. But how that translates to who puts spanners to your car - it's the same lottery you get in a dealership, apprentice or a guy on bonus. If you have any concerns let me know and I can find some bits out.
hello could you help shed more info on this car
Rectangle Font Software Screenshot Parallel

Paragon PDI most cars for JLR, history is available if anyone needs it. PM at least VIN and I can help out. If you happen to find your PDI supplement stamped with Jaguar Cars or Land Rover Solihull there is a good chance I could tell you even more.

From my experience having been to Paragon Corby is they are pretty well equipped but high turnover of staff as previously mentioned is a factor.

O'plated JLR cars stand a good chance of having been part of the 'management' fleet and V'plated cars typically engineering.

Finally Paragon are used mainly because of volume vs cost. No dealer wants to PDI cars all day every day as they would lose out on to many up sell jobs like services.

It's a very sad fact that PDI's are seen as low skill.
hl George I’m looking at this, first bit of its life paragon then c walton, says privacy glass but not on car I’m certain.. mileage is low, would you give your opinion on buying it? See vin below
regards
sadca2ak4ha892995. Vin

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Hi George, the post you've commented on was by a member who hasn't visited in over 2 years, so I doubt he'll reply, this thread is over 3 years old too. Please start again, fresh thread, new member's section, say hello, introduce yourself, then give some clear information on what it is you'd like comments on. I don't believe any members currently active have access to Paragon records.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts