Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's a great tip and I hope George reads this and is happy to help.
Common courtesy dictates that I shall wait for his permission to send him my information.
By all means. As I warn everyone - I am rather busy so may take me a couple of days but PM your VIN and I'll find what I can.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
By all means. As I warn everyone - I am rather busy so may take me a couple of days but PM your VIN and I'll find what I can.

Superb!
I owe you a beer...

PM on its way.

·
Banned
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I wouldn't buy another Jaguar that has been in the clutches of Paragon, however fleeting. They appear totally unaccountable to anyone.

Whilst in their 'tender care' my car ended up with wheels taken from another car . A car that was one year older. I discovered this when the tyres were replaced and two different registration numbers were found on the rims.

For some reason they also replaced the XFR aero skirts with standard items. No idea why. Paragon tell me they keep no records of work done and I need to ask my dealer, the very dealer who pointed me toward Paragon in the first place.

Clearly uninterested JLR say contact Paragon:(...........Jaguar CRC say the only 3 words they know 'contact your dealer':(

I'd get more information if I contacted Area 51 and asked for details of captured alien spacecraft.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wouldn't buy another Jaguar that has been in the clutches of Paragon, however fleeting. They appear totally unaccountable to anyone.

Whilst in their 'tender care' my car ended up with wheels taken from another car . A car that was one year older. I discovered this when the tyres were replaced and two different registration numbers were found on the rims.

For some reason they also replaced the XFR aero skirts with standard items. No idea why. Paragon tell me they keep no records of work done and I need to ask my dealer, the very dealer who pointed me toward Paragon in the first place.

Clearly uninterested JLR say contact Paragon:(...........Jaguar CRC say the only 3 words they know 'contact your dealer':(

I'd get more information if I contacted Area 51 and asked for details of captured alien spacecraft.
Pm me your VIN. Give me a couple of days, I'll tell you what I can.

·
Administrator
31,055 Posts
He might, but if he told you, we'd have to kill you. :D

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
5,082 Posts
George, someone with your knowledge, access, and helpfulness is invaluable to a forum like this, where we try to solve our own and others ‘opportunities’. Why can’t CRC do this, it would be a much better use if their resource. Rhetorical question by the way, am sure you would agree with the sentiment.

·
Registered
236 Posts
George, someone with your knowledge, access, and helpfulness is invaluable to a forum like this, where we try to solve our own and others ‘opportunities’. Why can’t CRC do this, it would be a much better use if their resource. Rhetorical question by the way, am sure you would agree with the sentiment.
I came on here after taking on a "foreigner" - the XF I posted pictures of a couple of weeks back and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with water leaks.

Once on here I found there are some questions I can answer - if people like you didn't buy our cars I wouldn't have a job so if I can help I will.

I agree that some information is hard to get hold of and some information isn't in the company's interest to share - I try to find the balance.

If

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
I came on here after taking on a "foreigner" - the XF I posted pictures of a couple of weeks back and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with water leaks.

Once on here I found there are some questions I can answer - if people like you didn't buy our cars I wouldn't have a job so if I can help I will.

I agree that some information is hard to get hold of and some information isn't in the company's interest to share - I try to find the balance.

If

These bloody foreigners -:)

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
:grouplove:

Couldn't agree any more.

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
5,082 Posts

If

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pm me your VIN. Give me a couple of days, I'll tell you what I can.

I have a XF S Portfolio first registered in March 2013 that has Paragon, Heyford Park, Bicester as "Selling Dealers Stamp". Reg Starts OU also Oxford region.

No PDI mentioned in the Service book. First service done at Stratstone Solihill 4 months & 12K miles after delivery thats 3k per month .. Pretty good going but at least serviced earlier than required.

gb-993 will take up your offer and pm you vin number. would appreciate any info you could supply.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I need to send you a PM as well please George

·
Registered
23 Posts
But I need 2 posts to be able to send one... sorry. I'll say hello shortly to everyone. Got an XKR convertible incoming.... hopefully.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So a little more info. Basically its a car I'm trying to buy. Owner lost the original service book so has been getting replacement stamps but can't find details on the first service anywhere. Jag dealers dont have details of it (they just have details of its second service which was JAG Coventry who provided the invoice and re stamped the book so thats all good.)

Previous keeper was "JLR MRC, Paragon Fleet Solutions"... and a quick google led me to this thread.

How much should I worry if I cant get this stamp or any details of the service? The seller says it was definitely stamped in the service book that he lost and I dont have any reason to disbelieve him, he has been helpful in the sale so far.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Previous keeper was "JLR MRC, Paragon Fleet Solutions"
That means it was a company car of a member of Jaguar staff. Paragon run the company car fleet for them and do the servicing in-house.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That means it was a company car of a member of Jaguar staff. Paragon run the company car fleet for them and do the servicing in-house.
While I'm sure it WAS served somewhere... it seems odd that Jag customer services / Jag dealers / Paragon (now BCA) are saying they have no record of it..

41 - 60 of 75 Posts