Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have an OY plate, previously Jag "Management" car. First service was Guy Salmon, Coventry. It was of course done 3 months after the recommended first service schedule...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

·
Paragon PDI most cars for JLR, history is available if anyone needs it. PM at least VIN and I can help out. If you happen to find your PDI supplement stamped with Jaguar Cars or Land Rover Solihull there is a good chance I could tell you even more.

From my experience having been to Paragon Corby is they are pretty well equipped but high turnover of staff as previously mentioned is a factor.

O'plated JLR cars stand a good chance of having been part of the 'management' fleet and V'plated cars typically engineering.

Finally Paragon are used mainly because of volume vs cost. No dealer wants to PDI cars all day every day as they would lose out on to many up sell jobs like services.

It's a very sad fact that PDI's are seen as low skill.
what is a PDI?????

·
Registered
236 Posts
It stands a good chance but not guaranteed. The reg (as you all know) is geographically assigned but in this case based on where they are all registered. V5's all sit with Paragon at Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire - that's where all speeding fines go (don't ask me how I know ;-) )

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everyone...

So basically I have PDI and first service on my online service history on my 2016 X351 XJ 3.0 diesel portfolio as being done from Paragon Fleet Solutions Ltd in Bicester (Oxfordshire).

Would this be classed as a main-dealer/main-service centre Jaguar service, or as an independent service?

G

·
Hello everyone...

So basically I have PDI and first service on my online service history on my 2016 X351 XJ 3.0 diesel portfolio as being done from Paragon Fleet Solutions Ltd in Bicester (Oxfordshire).

Would this be classed as a main-dealer/main-service centre Jaguar service, or as an independent service?
mmmhhh I really don't know, hope others can help, welcome to the forum

·
Registered
236 Posts
mmmhhh I really don't know, hope others can help, welcome to the forum
Main dealer. Have been on training courses with paragon guys (not all idiots).

They have to meet the same technical standards as a dealer just minus the front of house as not customer facing.

Have been to the paragon compound in Corby and have to say I was very impressed with the quality of the guys and the facilities.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
An interesting thread.
I was going through the gumpf from the dealer today.
Mine was serviced at 9723 miles by Copart ( special vehicles operations....sounds all very hush hush) in July this year.
I bought it at 10001.
The Jag PDI was 5/2/16.
The service record has been printed off the OSH
it looks like Copart salvage insurance cases, on top of the fleet business.
the car is fully HPI'd and I insured it with no issues at all.
i cannot imagine that the local Jag dealer to me would have anything hookey on their forecourt, let alone in the showroom, mind.

G

·
An interesting thread.
I was going through the gumpf from the dealer today.
Mine was serviced at 9723 miles by Copart ( special vehicles operations....sounds all very hush hush) in July this year.
I bought it at 10001.
The Jag PDI was 5/2/16.
The service record has been printed off the OSH
it looks like Copart salvage insurance cases, on top of the fleet business.
the car is fully HPI'd and I insured it with no issues at all.
i cannot imagine that the local Jag dealer to me would have anything hookey on their forecourt, let alone in the showroom, mind.
George is your man dave, hes a top bloke, done a search for me, he can trace your car from the assembly line:eek:

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
George is your man dave, hes a top bloke, done a search for me, he can trace your car from the assembly line:eek:
That's a great tip and I hope George reads this and is happy to help.
Common courtesy dictates that I shall wait for his permission to send him my information.

G

·
That's a great tip and I hope George reads this and is happy to help.
Common courtesy dictates that I shall wait for his permission to send him my information.
very nice guy he is dave, I asked him if he could do a check on the xj I had not long bought, he could tell me its entire history on the production line that it had failed on a couple of things like front airbag and that touchscreen thing and was put back on the line, alls well my car has clean bill of health:D sure he will read these posts and PM you. jimmy

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
very nice guy he is dave, I asked him if he could do a check on the xj I had not long bought, he could tell me its entire history on the production line that it had failed on a couple of things like front airbag and that touchscreen thing and was put back on the line, alls well my car has clean bill of health:D sure he will read these posts and PM you. jimmy
Again...many thanks to you and to George upfront.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/xf/94953/jaguar-xf-20d-awd-2016-review

It's here... by the way.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts