Jaguar Forum banner
281 - 300 of 348 Posts
What has been the delay with getting your plates transferred? Not sure if you were keeping it? :LOL:

And did you know someones dumped a couple of old bikes on your roof? :eek:

Seriously (?) though, looking good! I know it doesn't feel like it's yours until your own plates are on.

Discussion starter · #282 ·
What has been the delay with getting your plates transferred? Not sure if you were keeping it? :LOL:

And did you know someones dumped a couple of old bikes on your roof? :eek:

Seriously (?) though, looking good! I know it doesn't feel like it's yours until your own plates are on.
Yes, seeing R17 back on is a very good feeling LOL

Yes, seeing R17 back on is a very good feeling LOL
The first question was serious one . . . . . why the delay?

Discussion starter · #284 ·
The first question was serious one . . . . . why the delay?
Ah.....LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Initially, I was savouring having a new '20' reg, but then lock-down hit, so I wasn't fussed for a while ;)

Discussion starter · #286 ·
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji849]

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

Remind later. (On the day you sell it.) :D

Discussion starter · #288 ·
Remind later. (On the day you sell it.) :D
LOL I have a very stable factory build (with Android auto) so nooooo rush - I'm reading up on forums for issues [emoji6]

Discussion starter · #289 ·
FYI - latest map update version 8.30.10.153
Seem to be coming in approx. every 2 months

LOL I have a very stable factory build (with Android auto) so nooooo rush - I'm reading up on forums for issues [emoji6]

Rick, on the velar forum 20B1 update seems to be using lots of data. Not sure of the issue at the moment!

Discussion starter · #291 ·
Rick, on the velar forum 20B1 update seems to be using lots of data. Not sure of the issue at the moment!
Lol thx Gordon - I am holding off [emoji6]

Discussion starter · #292 ·
A little update - coming up to 1 years ownership..................

😎

As most, I have done no where near the mileage I would normally do, but the 4.5k have been a very very nice place to be!
This is a very different car to my previous XE, with it having more 'grace' compared to PR2, which was very Jap coupe ish & low down feeling.
Absolutely luv all the tech, especially the HUD - dare I say that you can have a bit of the same info overload if it is set so, mainly map information.........

One problem I had, well more app related, was after a vehicle (not infotainment) sw update I couldn't communicate with the car from the app or browser login - contacting CRC they confirmed no comms and the car should be took into 'stealer' for a TCU update..............duly booked in and TCU updated, but I later found that the remote climate/start wasn't working, as the car didn't communicate that it was safe to start, so booked in again with quite a few modules updated/reset etc - Jardine MK have been a superb 'service' dealership

For ref the latest SW & maps installed to my car:

The AWD system seems quite hard to get the actual front wheels to engage, but is 'fun' trying to get the icon to light up LOL - like that it can also tell you how the front wheels are aligned say if on snow/slippery surface:

Have not tried the 'self' parallel parking etc..............just doesn't seem right, and I forget anyhows :LOL:
The HUD is very useful novelty, which I do really like.............I still get the odd message/icon that I haven't seen before popping up on the dash/HUD......
LKA does indeed nudge the car back into lane, but if you keep your hands off the wheel it TELLS you to take control LOL

All in all a vast improvement in all departments from PR2
AND Caesium BLUE is the new Kyanite! 😎

Interesting you mention self PP Ric, can you take some pics on where your ultrasonic sensors are on the side of the bumpers as well as the forward facing ones please?

Reactions: R17
Discussion starter · #294 ·
Interesting you mention self PP Ric, can you take some pics on where your ultrasonic sensors are on the side of the bumpers as well as the forward facing ones please?
Anything for you Gav ;)

I've always found it takes longer to use automatic parking than it does to do it yourself.

Reactions: R17
not used self parking on the velar at all and rarely ever on the X260
miss the HuD

@R17

Do you have access to your build sheet and would you be able to post it? From the few shots I've seen of your car it seems to be an incredibly high spec and I'm struggling to find features it doesn't have.

Discussion starter · #299 ·
@R17

Do you have access to your build sheet and would you be able to post it? From the few shots I've seen of your car it seems to be an incredibly high spec and I'm struggling to find features it doesn't have.
Have I not listed back in this thread somewhere??

281 - 300 of 348 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.