Jaguar Forum banner

241 - 260 of 276 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,145 Posts

·
Founder member
4,989 Posts
Initial report - having broken my golden rule of buying a 'facelift' of a car I already own, I can say I am thoroughly pleased and a very happy chap....

It seems to me that a lot of opinions are very blinkered, including my own - I was happy with PR2(mostly the drive/chassis), but the interior DID let it down........this car has upped the game somewhat! Having a 2015 model and comparing it to this 2020, Jaguar have moved on leaps and bounds in all aspects of quality IMO

The chassis, now complimented with AWD, is sublime........and feels very planted and solid

The tech I will allow a few weeks to see if anything breaks (and get more familiar), but all working at present, with a lot of interconnection with my smart (android) phone

InControlNav - account linked and using Route Planner app it synced with an address I perused last night. With the SIM card it shows traffic states

Smart feature - after linking one key & my phone it is learning how I have things setup (need to understand more for this)

Spotify streaming through source online media/sim

I will elaborate more as I learn/play over the coming weeks&months

All in all I am very very impressed!

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk
The AWD 2.0 diesel I had as one of the loaners during the XJ issues was like driving a go kart and handled well.
I was Impressed with it and had CRC not been so un helpful it could have been a future replacement

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
With the ability to identify multiple drivers through your vehicle key fob, or key fob plus smartphone, Smart Settings can learn and automate your preferred seat, mirror and media settings at the start of each journey

Once Smart Settings has learnt a driver’s usage pattern, an activation request will be displayed on the Touchscreen asking if you would like to automate these preferences. This can be turned on or off through your profile settings at any time

·
Super Moderator
27,286 Posts
With the ability to identify multiple drivers through your vehicle key fob, or key fob plus smartphone, Smart Settings can learn and automate your preferred seat, mirror and media settings at the start of each journey

Once Smart Settings has learnt a driver’s usage pattern, an activation request will be displayed on the Touchscreen asking if you would like to automate these preferences. This can be turned on or off through your profile settings at any time

BMW and Mercedes have had that for years, didn’t the X250 do something similar?

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
I'm not going for my willy is bigger than yours syndrome - I'm passing on info for current generation Jaguars, to people who might be interested

·
Super Moderator
27,286 Posts
I'm not going for my willy is bigger than yours syndrome - I'm passing on info for current generation Jaguars, to people who might be interested

Ooh, somebody got out of the wrong side of the bed today

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #247

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Similar yes, press a button and would adjust seat, mirrors and steering wheel reach/angle

·
Super Moderator
11,089 Posts
Similar yes, press a button and would adjust seat, mirrors and steering wheel reach/angle
'95 and '98 XJ's I had did that. Also came with 2 different remotes which would unlock the car and set them to suit person A or B before they got into the car.

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,145 Posts

That's very neat.
With me being the only one to drive the previous or current F1 , having M1 ( seat , wheel and mirrors) is enough .

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Let's have a front end Friday shot to get a Jag picture showing in a thread ;)

Reactions: OBC John

·
Administrator
27,432 Posts
Neighbour opposite has an occasional visitor with a nice new XE in blue (same blue as Chris's van?). Must admit it does look very smart, possibly one of Jaguar's better resolved designs of late.

·
Super Moderator
26,654 Posts
Neighbour opposite has an occasional visitor with a nice new XE in blue (same blue as Chris's van?). Must admit it does look very smart, possibly one of Jaguar's better resolved designs of late.
Ceasium is darker than Ultra Blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Reims edition XE

241 - 260 of 276 Posts