Jaguar Forum banner

P(R)300 XE R-DYNAMIC HSE AWD

18K views 347 replies 27 participants last post by  OBC John 
#1 ·
...........*some news in*.............

Car will hopefully be delivered to the dealer 21/2 woop woop :cool:

#2 ·
R-Dynamic HSE? Jaguar really do make a mess of variant naming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Highly slow engine.

High Self Esteem

How Strangely Erotic

#7 ·
Nope, when you find out.....let me know [emoji6]

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

#15 ·
HSE?

High Service Expenditure? [emoji14]

Seriously Rick - good to see your new car getting a step closer.
LOL it's always expensive - man maths [emoji6]

I think it will be 2 year service intervals btw

#14 ·
Interesting Graham, as it happens my MR2 has an LSD just for RWD (if LSD) - if it uses ABS/brakes, roll on the more frequent pad changes [emoji28]

#16 ·
Probably a little more pad wear but I guess it depends on how it has been setup. I reckon when on the move it will just transfer torque from rear to the front and will still effectively be open diff performance on each axle with perhaps only in extreme cases will the brakes be used, such as extreme slippage where a spin is imminent etc. But if stationary and trying to pull away but not getting anywhere due to a wheel on both axles having no traction I reckon it will then use the braking system to stop that wheel and send the power across the axle but that shouldn't involve very much pad wear, unless you are getting stuck all the time! haha

The fact that it can send up to 50% power to the front axle is a good sign though as it would suggest it isn't some lightweight piece of crap such as what was in the Honda CRV and could pull the car away on gravel never mind anything more serious.

Would love to know for sure and find some technical stuff on it. I could ask Jaguar but from past experience I doubt they'll be very helpful and they are probably not talking to me anyway!

#19 ·
Pick up will be early March [emoji41]

#27 ·
Are you crossing the days off on a calendar Rich?.. :D

#33 ·
Lol you know it's Rick Pate [emoji6]

Chuff chart as we used to call them, counting down the days in The Falklands [emoji1787]

No, not this time - I am happy with what I have, so this can only improve perfection [emoji41]

#32 ·
Non of us can remember 'Blue Peter' Wilf.....

#44 ·
I remember the ape trying to latch on Sarah thingies nipple....

And Joey Deacon....if there was ever a thing that proved just so out of touch the head of kids TV was......

#34 ·
The XE 2.0d AWD I had as one of the loaners while they were playing with XJ was like driving a go kart, did enjoy a couple of spirited drives.

#46 ·
Commence build 14th Feb! [emoji41]

#51 ·
Looking forward to this.

I’m considering an XE to replace the XF, if I can get a decent one that isn’t blue.... [emoji23][emoji6][emoji6]
....... wouldn't be decent then [emoji12]

#56 ·
Fantastic news, the wait is nearly over!

We have received communication from the factory that your vehicle has entered production. Once we have taken delivery of your vehicle the collection inspection (PDI) will start to take place, at this time we will be able to communicate a collection date from us here.

#58 ·
LOL of no real consequence, as I was always picking up for new reg in March ;)

#61 ·
Yes, becoming so......;)

LOL I bet it will be sitting for a couple of weeks whilst I have to wait! :rolleyes:

#63 ·
With 300 horses, don't you think a promotion to full "rocket" is in order. The prefix "pocket" sounds a bit . . . . wrong.

#64 ·
It’s still the ‘little’ boys 4 pot though, ‘pocket’ should still stand lol

#68 ·
Exciting times Rik. :) they seem to be knocking them out quite quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.