Jaguar Forum banner
1941 - 1949 of 1949 Posts

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
I may find out one day, Jake. :(
I will never find out, as they never made it in the correct size with the steering wheel on the correct side, and none of the R or 575s I’ve ever seen available in the history of X351 R cars have the rear seat entertainment.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yes the Ohme does. It uses the car API to get the SoC.

According to JLR you don’t need to worry about only charging to 80%. The pack is top balanced so the cells are only balanced when you get to 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah thanks for the info Chris - I'm still learning lol.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
21,309 Posts
I will never find out, as they never made it in the correct size with the steering wheel on the correct side, and none of the R or 575s I’ve ever seen available in the history of X351 R cars have the rear seat entertainment.
We'll agree to differ about the correct size. Even my short-arse wheelbase always leaves a big chunk hanging over every parking space I use. I'd be stressing if I had to park the stretched version whether there'd be scratches and grazes all over her lovely rear end when I got back.
I'm sure I've recently read a contemporary review of the UK 575 where it mentions the 22" rear screens. I'll see if I can find it. Anyway, how often do you sit in the back?

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,586 Posts
We'll agree to differ about the correct size. Even my short-arse wheelbase always leaves a big chunk hanging over every parking space I use. I'd be stressing if I had to park the stretched version whether there'd be scratches and grazes all over her lovely rear end when I got back.
I'm sure I've recently read a contemporary review of the UK 575 where it mentions the 22" rear screens. I'll see if I can find it. Anyway, how often do you sit in the back?
When getting a reverse cowboy...

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Two kids sat in the back. The rear screens are for them to watch, but entirely for my benefit. It means arguments in the back only last as long as it takes to choose a film, rather than an entire journey.

It also makes long drives super easy and manageable. Like that trip to Fort William that I’ve always wanted to do - but couldn’t do in a BEV...

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
We stayed at the De Vere Cotswolds Water Park. Quite a nice place and they had four 7kW chargers.

The first night there was a Fiesta parked in the second space so a good job no one else wanted it.

Charged was ICEd by this BMW. Had to park funny both times due to the proximity of the other cars. Made use of the extra space.

I’ve found carrying a 10m long Type 2 cable solves these problems. Just park behind the ICE blocking the charger.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,947 ·
I’ve found carrying a 10m long Type 2 cable solves these problems. Just park behind the ICE blocking the charger.
If I needed public chargers for regularly I probably would too. I do have another 5m cable but it’s a shame you can’t join them.

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,949 ·
Wire strippers and a bit of chocolate block? :D
Twist the wires and a bit of insulation tape.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteA and ninjag
1941 - 1949 of 1949 Posts