Jaguar Forum banner
1921 - 1940 of 1949 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Hurrah! One filthy milk float returned. They asked me if I wanted it cleaning and I politely declined.
Matches Big Blue Taxi then:)

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,922 ·
In the coming weeks we will be putting the I-PACE to the test. We are going on a trip to the Cotswolds for a weekend away. 90 miles each way so easily within the range of the I-PACE with even at least 50 miles left before thinking about charging. Plan is to charge at the hotel though overnight.

Will be interesting to see how we get on.

In other news, the new home chargers arrived today. A Hypervolt. The electricians came round to check out the install so they can quote and left it with me. Looks like a solid piece of kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,926 ·
Reactions: JakeBlade

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,928 ·
There’s a nice race circuit there.
There is. Don’t think the in-laws will be interested though.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,929 ·
So a completely relaxed and pleasant trip out to the Cotswolds last weekend.

I drove down on Friday night and met the in-laws in a pub just south of Cirencester. Nice, calm, effortless drive down. Adaptive Cruise is great.

Higher than average consumption, but I have a heavy foot. I love leaving people for dead off the lights, especially in the I-PACE, as they don’t expect it.

Charged up at the hotel on Friday night. 62.9kW which cost me £15. Higher than home but still a reasonable price.

We stayed at the De Vere Cotswolds Water Park. Quite a nice place and they had four 7kW chargers.

The first night there was a Fiesta parked in the second space so a good job no one else wanted it.

Did around did around 100 miles on Saturday which only consumed 1/3 of the battery so another top up Saturday night which cost nothing for some reason. 32kW used.

Charged was ICEd by this BMW. Had to park funny both times due to the proximity of the other cars. Made use of the extra space.

Drove home Sunday after stopping In Swindon and Farringdon on the way. Again perfectly quiet and effortless drive back. Plenty of range.

So a perfectly reasonable trip out with no issues at all.

·
Registered
970 Posts
In the coming weeks we will be putting the I-PACE to the test. We are going on a trip to the Cotswolds for a weekend away. 90 miles each way so easily within the range of the I-PACE with even at least 50 miles left before thinking about charging. Plan is to charge at the hotel though overnight.

Will be interesting to see how we get on.

In other news, the new home chargers arrived today. A Hypervolt. The electricians came round to check out the install so they can quote and left it with me. Looks like a solid piece of kit.

I see you've gone for the Hypervolt. Do you know if you can set the battery percentage on the Hypervolt when using the app? So for example if you want to charge from, say between 10% to 80%.

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,586 Posts
So a completely relaxed and pleasant trip out to the Cotswolds last weekend.

I drove down on Friday night and met the in-laws in a pub just south of Cirencester. Nice, calm, effortless drive down. Adaptive Cruise is great.

Higher than average consumption, but I have a heavy foot. I love leaving people for dead off the lights, especially in the I-PACE, as they don’t expect it.

Charged up at the hotel on Friday night. 62.9kW which cost me £15. Higher than home but still a reasonable price.

We stayed at the De Vere Cotswolds Water Park. Quite a nice place and they had four 7kW chargers.

The first night there was a Fiesta parked in the second space so a good job no one else wanted it.

Did around did around 100 miles on Saturday which only consumed 1/3 of the battery so another top up Saturday night which cost nothing for some reason. 32kW used.

Charged was ICEd by this BMW. Had to park funny both times due to the proximity of the other cars. Made use of the extra space.

Drove home Sunday after stopping In Swindon and Farringdon on the way. Again perfectly quiet and effortless drive back. Plenty of range.

So a perfectly reasonable trip out with no issues at all.

excellent.

I really miss Adaptive cruise 😪

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I really miss Adaptive cruise 😪
Adaptive cruise was one thing I wanted when looking for an XFR. So few of them have it which instantly ruled most of them out for me as I was used to it on the Range Rover I had before it. Another reason I've not more seriously looked at the XFR-S as it wasn't even an option on them.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,586 Posts
Adaptive cruise was one thing I wanted when looking for an XFR. So few of them have it which instantly ruled most of them out for me as I was used to it on the Range Rover I had before it. Another reason I've not more seriously looked at the XFR-S as it wasn't even an option on them.
the Merc has a bit of Adaptive braking.
not the same.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
It's probably the only other thing that I'd consider adding. Some time ago my finger hovered over the "buy it" button for an XJ front grille complete with the radar badge and front-facing camera. I regret not buying it now as it was only £200.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,937 ·
I see you've gone for the Hypervolt. Do you know if you can set the battery percentage on the Hypervolt when using the app? So for example if you want to charge from, say between 10% to 80%.
I don’t believe it does. Why do you need to?

Reactions: Cyprio

·
Registered
970 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
The debate about battery preservation - should you or shouldn't you charge beyond 80% all of the time, there's support for both arguments as to whether or not you need to. I've been researching the Ohme charger and it has the facility to do this.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,940 ·
The debate about battery preservation - should you or shouldn't you charge beyond 80% all of the time, there's support for both arguments as to whether or not you need to. I've been researching the Ohme charger and it has the facility to do this.
Yes the Ohme does. It uses the car API to get the SoC.

According to JLR you don’t need to worry about only charging to 80%. The pack is top balanced so the cells are only balanced when you get to 100%.

Reactions: Cyprio
1921 - 1940 of 1949 Posts