Jaguar Forum banner
1901 - 1920 of 1949 Posts

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
I actually very much liked it tbh, good looking car complete with a boot spoiler what with it being the 'sport' model 😂 and in a nice sparkly red colour, very nice to drive too.. but the seats were a terrible shape and caused me no end of back ache, didn't realise it was the car until my back aches stopped after it went..

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,904 · (Edited)
The Big Blue Milkfloat is fixed and ready to be returned. I've been told it'll be today but their delivery driver is just off to deliver another car somewhere so it'll be late this evening.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Good news Chris, let's hope that's the end of it.

·
19,981 Posts
The Big Blue Milkfloat is fixed and ready to be returned. I've been told it'll be today but their delivery driver is just off to deliver another car somewhere so it'll be late this evening.
Happy days Chris, lets hope you get to enjoy the car to the fullest now - sans any more faults.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,907 ·
Thanks guys.

It is frustrating that a job which should take no longer than a couple of hours (plus diagnosis time) have taken near enough 3 weeks to complete. Hopefully now with SOTA working I won't need to go back to the dealer until service time.

Reactions: gmcelroy and Rigger

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
About time, 3 weeks is ridiculous. Fingers crossed no more trips till your service.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Glad it's finally sorted for you Chris.

If it's any consolation, I opened a case with CRC over my faulty NAV SD card on the 3rd August and it's till rumbling on. They've had me do all sorts of things with the old SD card and are intent on finding out why the Jaguar Map Updater destroyed it.... I couldn't send it to them, as CRC they can't put SD cards into their computers to extract the files due to Jaguar external device policy... go figure that one :rolleyes:

We're apparently on our last test and then they will make a decision on what they are going to do. I suspect this is to string things out long enough that we're past any time limit on taking this elsewhere. I really don't care why, I just want them to refund the cost of the original map update and the Dealer cost of replacing the card, beacause it worked fine until I introduced to that self service piece of software they told me to use.

It's not just in the Dealerships that the problems lie with....

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,911 ·
It isn't just the dealers, but they are the biggest problem.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hopefully this will be the end of your issues and you and your wife will be able to enjoy the car that you're paying for without any issues now!

I really hope my folks IPace isn't built with the same issues you're having!

David.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,913 ·
Hopefully this will be the end of your issues and you and your wife will be able to enjoy the car that you're paying for without any issues now!

I really hope my folks IPace isn't built with the same issues you're having!

David.
I honestly think we've just been unlucky with the fault TCU. Looking on the I-PACE groups there have been other faulty ones but not that many. Certainly heard of more XF/XE/F-PACE ones that have needed replacing over the years.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,914 ·
Hurrah! One filthy milk float returned. They asked me if I wanted it cleaning and I politely declined.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,916 ·
Yep

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,918 ·
What level of charge did it have upon return?
They drove it back which didn't help. It's about 65%. It was 100% when it left. Pretty sure that the courtesy car was fully charged.

Reactions: Avantime

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
At last.......................

Fingers crossed.

1901 - 1920 of 1949 Posts