Jaguar Forum banner
2121 - 2140 of 2203 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,121 ·
Additionally, I felt no need to plan my journey around places I could get a "top-up". ;)
If I was in the I-PACE the same journeys would mean that it wouldn’t have needed one either. In fact I wouldn’t have needed to go out of my way to Tesco to fill it up, twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JakeBlade

·
Registered
22,317 Posts
Mine's covered 13500 miles & has never needed a 'top up'. If I'd been driving an XJ that's be 4.5 hours of my life I would have wasted along with £2160. :rolleyes:
Wasted?
Things have a price and things have a value. :unsure:

·
Administrator
28,415 Posts
Wasted?
Things have a price and things have a value. :unsure:
True ... there must be someone out there that enjoys spending 4.5 hours pumping diesel. :LOL:

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,826 Posts

·
Registered
22,317 Posts
My car does that for me!

Did you have to wait long at the Somerset border?
Strangely, my car didn't feel the need to plan the journey either.

Border: No waiting. They saw me coming and waved me through. ;)

Reactions: Avantime

·
Registered
22,317 Posts
True ... there must be someone out there that enjoys spending 4.5 hours pumping diesel. :LOL:
But after that 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes) I don't have to think about it for at least(!) 500 miles and often 600 miles if I'm journeying.

·
Super Moderator
31,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,127 ·
But after that 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes) I don't have to think about it for at least(!) 500 miles and often 600 miles if I'm journeying.
Buy a Lucid and it’ll be about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: OBC John

·
Administrator
28,415 Posts

·
Administrator
28,415 Posts
I used the faster lorry pump & it still added 10 minutes to my journey on fill up nights. You’d need another couple of minutes for one of your £100+ fills.

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,826 Posts
I used the faster lorry pump & it still added 10 minutes to my journey on fill up nights. You’d need another couple of minutes for one of your £100+ fills.
Depends how much the fuel cost , though.

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
It takes me 5 minutes to convince the person in the kiosk that I genuinely do need one of their cheap plastic gloves for fuelling.

Then the fuel-filling time is on top of that.

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,826 Posts
It takes me 5 minutes to convince the person in the kiosk that I genuinely do need one of their cheap plastic gloves for fuelling.

Then the fuel-filling time is on top of that.
what do you use those gloves for though ?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Keeps gooey smelly sticky stuff off your fingers 😁

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,826 Posts
Keeps gooey smelly sticky stuff off your fingers 😁
Or use them to keep gooey, smelly sticky stuff on your fingers

( of Mice and Men...)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
My XC60 has only been in for servicing. It’s a great car, hence the order for a PHEV version placed.
I hate to say this but my XC60 Polestar has been back to the dealer now on 4 separate occasions in 12.5 months, plus an annual service. As I write this it's presently spent 6 weeks at the dealer and counting.

First visit was after having it for 4 weeks when there was a loud "bang" from the rear and then a grinding noise, it was something to do with the Hybrid part but the dealer declined to tell me the fault, the second was to replace the door trim on the passenger door as whenever that side of the car was parked in the sun the heat would cause the door to move and jam, causing the trim to catch.
The third was last month when again the door was causing the trim to be pulled off plus the heater was not warming the car up unless I drove it on the "polestar" mode rather than 'hybrid" mode, no fault found other than 2 of the 4 air vents being closed....
Current time, over Christmas the temperature was down to minus 4 here and both our cars iced up next to each other so I went to try the heaters simultaneously, within 10 minutes my wife's car totally clear of ice, mine still fully iced up, 20 minutes later mine was still the same so gave up. The next day we went to go out and again a loud bang from the rear of the car, exactly the same as the first time.
So far all the dealer has said was that the noise was caused by a broken rear brake pad.......nothing about the heater. Volvo have acknowledged my complaint but that is all, admittedly that is Volvo France.

As much as I like the car, it's only done 7,000kms/4,400 miles since new, Volvo Assist France are awful, this time all they would do is tell me to drive to the dealer I bought it from to get it looked at and on the previous occasion they sent out a tow truck, the service is nothing like Jag Assist on the few occasions I had to use them.
I have no faith in the car and unlike the UK, the warranty only lasts 2 years.

·
Super Moderator
20,642 Posts
I hate to say this but my XC60 Polestar has been back to the dealer now on 4 separate occasions in 12.5 months, plus an annual service. As I write this it's presently spent 6 weeks at the dealer and counting.

First visit was after having it for 4 weeks when there was a loud "bang" from the rear and then a grinding noise, it was something to do with the Hybrid part but the dealer declined to tell me the fault, the second was to replace the door trim on the passenger door as whenever that side of the car was parked in the sun the heat would cause the door to move and jam, causing the trim to catch.
The third was last month when again the door was causing the trim to be pulled off plus the heater was not warming the car up unless I drove it on the "polestar" mode rather than 'hybrid" mode, no fault found other than 2 of the 4 air vents being closed....
Current time, over Christmas the temperature was down to minus 4 here and both our cars iced up next to each other so I went to try the heaters simultaneously, within 10 minutes my wife's car totally clear of ice, mine still fully iced up, 20 minutes later mine was still the same so gave up. The next day we went to go out and again a loud bang from the rear of the car, exactly the same as the first time.
So far all the dealer has said was that the noise was caused by a broken rear brake pad.......nothing about the heater. Volvo have acknowledged my complaint but that is all, admittedly that is Volvo France.

As much as I like the car, it's only done 7,000kms/4,400 miles since new, Volvo Assist France are awful, this time all they would do is tell me to drive to the dealer I bought it from to get it looked at and on the previous occasion they sent out a tow truck, the service is nothing like Jag Assist on the few occasions I had to use them.
I have no faith in the car and unlike the UK, the warranty only lasts 2 years.
Oh dear that’s not good but as we all know all brands are not without issue. Hopefully my new XC60 will be as trouble free as my current one 27 months in. Tony’s S60 has also been trouble free after 30 months

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Oh dear that’s not good but as we all know all brands are not without issue. Hopefully my new XC60 will be as trouble free as my current one 27 months in. Tony’s S60 has also been trouble free after 30 months
Hopefully mine is just an unlucky car :), I haven't had much luck with it since the day I bought it when the salesman removed the cover and the car was grey not black as I ordered:oops:

In hindsight I should have rejected it for that reason but after waiting 14 weeks I just wanted it and I didn't hate the grey totally......
I'm sure yours will be fine, my previous 2 Volvo's never went wrong in the 4 years of having them, the XC90 was probably the best all round car I've ever owned, maybe my XC60 is a Chinese one!

2121 - 2140 of 2203 Posts