Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,041 ·
Coming thick and fast now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
What happens if the update then fails, like Windows blue screen of death?

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,043 ·
What happens if the update then fails, like Windows blue screen of death?
I’ve only ever seen it fail to install when the odd person has posted a photo. I assume that there are certain checks and safeguards built in.

I guess that in the off chance it does brick the car, you have to call Jaguar Assist.

Just bare in mind this isn’t I-PACE specific. These systems are the same for all JLR cars from the last few years.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Ours is still on 2.1.6.
Automotive design Gadget Television set Flat panel display Audio equipment

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,045 ·
Hooray!

So far wireless CarPlay has worked perfectly. Going to sell our old carlinkkit adapter I think.

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
Hooray!

So far wireless CarPlay has worked perfectly. Going to sell our old carlinkkit adapter I think.

Aaaww, Chris. You must be so relieved. Phew! ;)

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,047 ·
Aaaww, Chris. You must be so relieved. Phew! ;)
I am! Not only does this bring new features but it also shows that our car is working properly again and downloading updates.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Ours hasn’t even pulled the one before 3.0 yet! Apparently there’s no way to force it through from our end. I noticed last week that the car wasn’t connected to WiFi and the cars own data connection was disabled so sorted both of them out but it’s still not done it.

Hopefully it’ll do it soon.

Really want wireless Car Play on it. Even though I don’t use it much it’s a great thing to have.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,049 ·
Ours hasn’t even pulled the one before 3.0 yet! Apparently there’s no way to force it through from our end. I noticed last week that the car wasn’t connected to WiFi and the cars own data connection was disabled so sorted both of them out but it’s still not done it.

Hopefully it’ll do it soon.

Really want wireless Car Play on it. Even though I don’t use it much it’s a great thing to have.
I've been lucky. Due to the error at the start the chap from JLR has been helping me push it through.

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Ask him if he’ll do ours will you 😂

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
In fairness, after the issues you had with yours at the start, the least they can do is make sure it’s working as it should now. Good to see they’re looking after you.

2041 - 2052 of 2052 Posts