Jaguar Forum banner
2021 - 2040 of 2052 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Another Artisan Electrics fan!

I hope you kept Cory well supplied with Jaffa cakes.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,022 ·
Another Artisan Electrics fan!

I hope you kept Cory well supplied with Jaffa cakes.
I've watched them for years now, since it was just Jordan. So impressed with what I saw I just had to get them to install my charger as I was impressed with my local electrician.

Oh he had snacks ;)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Had our new Hypervolt EV charger installed a couple of weeks ago. The Installers are on YouTube and filmed it. Watch out and you might see the R-S ;)

I have watched a few of their videos and they come across well.
How far in advance did you book them for the install and do they keep the hypervolts in stock?

Oh and who was the guy who was keen to get his point over in the comments!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,024 ·
I have watched a few of their videos and they come across well.
How far in advance did you book them for the install and do they keep the hypervolts in stock?

Oh and who was the guy who was keen to get his point over in the comments!

Yeah Cory is very knowledgeable. I had some good conversations with him during the install.

I think it was 6 weeks from booking to install but I am a little out of their usual area. They don't stock the Hypervolts, they come directly from Hypervolt.

No idea who the guy is on the comments, I kinda get his point just no idea why he's insisting Cory should have sorted it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yeah Cory is very knowledgeable. I had some good conversations with him during the install.

I think it was 6 weeks from booking to install but I am a little out of their usual area. They don't stock the Hypervolts, they come directly from Hypervolt.

No idea who the guy is on the comments, I kinda get his point just no idea why he's insisting Cory should have sorted it.
Ah ok I was hoping they kept them in stock. I think there is a 6 week lead time at the moment. I may have finally decided on an EV and it is a stock vehicle due in 2 weeks max. Assuming when I get back to them tomorrow and it's still available.
Mind you I am not sure if Hypervolt do a 3 phase charger?

The guy was persistent!

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,026 ·
Ah ok I was hoping they kept them in stock. I think there is a 6 week lead time at the moment. I may have finally decided on an EV and it is a stock vehicle due in 2 weeks max. Assuming when I get back to them tomorrow and it's still available.
Mind you I am not sure if Hypervolt do a 3 phase charger?

The guy was persistent!

Unfortunately I think HV is single phase only :(

Zappi has 3 phase.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Chris, you really need to tidy your garage :)

Reactions: G6hbq and ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,029 ·
Chris, you really need to tidy your garage :)
I wasn't expecting them to film. When I spoke to them initially I got the impression they weren't going to.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,031 ·
New update finally arrived today after I messaged one of the JLR guys from Facebook. Some glitch their end was stopping our car downloading the next update so we were stuck on 2.1.3 since October.

2.1.7 is due next as this prepares the car for 3.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gmcelroy

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,033 ·
Stuck on OS 2.1.3? The horror! ;)
It is when Jaguar even sent out a mass email saying 3.0 is here and all the new features it has.

Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My folks car isn’t pulling 3.0 yet either.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
It's a phased roll out, I'm still waiting on my Pivi.

·
Administrator
28,087 Posts
Something is seriously flawed when OTA updates require the customer to contact JLR via social media to initiate a download.🙄

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,037 ·
Something is seriously flawed when OTA updates require the customer to contact JLR via social media to initiate a download.
The weird thing was it was seemingly just our car. I started a poll on the I-PACE UK Facebook group and I was the only one on 2.1.3. The vast majority were on 2.1.7 and several were on 2.1.6.

I could have emailed CRC or Sturgess but this manager has let himself be known on the groups and offers assistance and information so I cut out the middle man and it was sorted very quickly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My folks car isn’t pulling 3.0 yet either.
Interesting - mine pulled OS3 on Saturday after a 40 minute drive which was a surprise as I expected maybe a little waiting time. The only annoying thing is it now automatically picks up Android auto or Apple CarPlay and wants to set it up as soon as my phones connect (I guess that’s useful if you want to use them but I am not sure I do)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
My Android phone music app has a switch setting if you want to automatically play on bluetooth connection, or not.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,040 ·
On iPhone you can disable CarPlay for certain connections.

Reactions: gmcelroy
2021 - 2040 of 2052 Posts