Jaguar Forum banner
2001 - 2018 of 2018 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,022 Posts
Most cars have timed charging built in, so you don't have to control the granny charger.

Most people aren't charging their cars up from flat to 100% every day.
I don't bother using the timer ( through the car's software) at the moment.
As far as I can tell, the only timing option is via the car of by adding a timer ( which I don't need)

Very true on the subject of just how much charge is actually needed however, you can see that having the option to fast charge to full during off peak is very attractive.

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,002 ·
I don't bother using the timer ( through the car's software) at the moment.
As far as I can tell, the only timing option is via the car of by adding a timer ( which I don't need)

Very true on the subject of just how much charge is actually needed however, you can see that having the option to fast charge to full during off peak is very attractive.
If you are not needing a full charge every day, just charge up over a few days during the cheap period.

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,022 Posts
If you are not needing a full charge every day, just charge up over a few days during the cheap period.
That would be the plan...and, as my current ( subtle) and next car will be PHEV, the charging issues are not going to create a proble in reality.
At worst, I don't use the hybrid system at all .

Watt ( subtle) I won't be doing is charging it at a public charge point.
The 330e hasn't the facility to rapid charge.

·
Registered
21,586 Posts
My money would be on the MOT recording of mileage. But how would that work for the first 3 years?

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,005 ·
My money would be on the MOT recording of mileage. But how would that work for the first 3 years?
How would it work when changing cars too.

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,022 Posts
That's my point.
Unless it was recorded yearly or on point of sale if before the first mot.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Looks like that Henley block on the left needs securing.
It is secure, I not long back installed it along with the isolator. It's just secured at an angle, as was the old broken one.

You'll be doing well to get 21mb at the gas appliances too.
Yes, quite, 15mm copper to the boiler and kitchen range. Range is dual fuel though.

·
Registered
21,586 Posts
That's probably it. Self reporting of mileage with hefty fines for false "accounting".

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,022 Posts
It is secure, I not long back installed it along with the isolator. It's just secured at an angle, as was the old broken one.

Yes, quite, 15mm copper to the boiler and kitchen range. Range is dual fuel though.
I'm not suggesting that you give the regulator a couple of turns....
( if it's a premix boiler it'll run quite happily on 5mbar ...legislation suggests otherwise )

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,022 Posts
That's probably it. Self reporting of mileage with hefty fines for false "accounting".
And cheap gadgets available to adjust the numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Sorry for firing this in this morning then not taking part.
This law won't happen.
that one may not, but there will have to be a point where either capacity is increased so there is no need for this, or some form of “control” is enforced to manage usage within the limited capacity, which may well be legislation.
I suspect there will be a “tamper proof” device similar to smart meters that would report mileage over a period.

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,022 Posts
Sorry for firing this in this morning then not taking part.

that one may not, but there will have to be a point where either capacity is increased so there is no need for this, or some form of “control” is enforced to manage usage within the limited capacity, which may well be legislation.

I suspect there will be a “tamper proof” device similar to smart meters that would report mileage over a period.
smart meters are definitely not tamper proof ....

I would suggest that , when we get to this stage the vehicles will be part of the IOT .

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,014 ·
We charger installed today. Decided I didn’t like the functionality of the Ohme or their lack of software updates/features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,016 ·

·
Administrator
29,868 Posts
I don't think the electrons care...............

2001 - 2018 of 2018 Posts