Jaguar Forum banner

Our New I-Pace

79K views 3K replies 48 participants last post by  DAVENN 
#1 ·
Well, a little while after I had a test drive from Sturgess (almost a year to the day) I’ve finally ordered one from them. Stock car which is now being shipped down to them for the end of this week. It should be delivered to us next week.

MY21 HSE in Caesium Blue, pano roof, ebony interior, black exterior trim and privacy glass.

You can call me John Prescott [emoji1787] about the right figure [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, a little while after I had a test drive from Sturgess (almost a year to the day) I’ve finally ordered one from them. Stock car which is now being shipped down to them for the end of this week. It should be delivered to us next week.

MY21 HSE in Caesium Blue, pano roof, ebony interior, black exterior trim and privacy glass.

You can call me John Prescott [emoji1787] about the right figure [emoji23]

One very nice motor, the wife must be very pleased with her new toy

Reactions: ChrisSB
#3 ·
She’d prefer it if it was red.

#10 ·
Cracking colour, hope it's as nice a it looks Chris. (y)

#13 ·
Lovely car Chris, health to both of you to enjoy.

Funny thing with colours. I wanted the Merc E coupe in Blue a while back.
The ex wanted red😖

#17 ·
The I-Pace is currently at the Sturgess Prep Centre and I’ve just been sent the login for InControl. I can see the car is currently charging at a whopping 2mph. [emoji1787]

#18 ·
Exciting stuff! Have to admit to being quite envious. (Well, except it's blue! Don't do "blue". ;) )
Are you having a fast charger installed at home?

#19 ·
I don’t do black, although I was very close to ordering a Polestar 2 in Void (their name for black).

Just changed app (there appears to be 2-3 different InControl apps on the AppStore. This one is just called “Jaguar Remote”. Looks more modern abs has been updated more recently but otherwise looks like it does the same thing.

For a home charger (I wouldn’t call it fast) I think we’re going for the Ohme charger. It’s on offer through my energy provider so £200 so much cheaper than the wall mounted version (although this can be wall mounted). The features are the same.

Reactions: OBC John
#21 ·
Cable ordered. Should arrive tomorrow. Just waiting for the car now which I can see has been moved back to Sturgess.

(Stalker mode activated)

Reactions: Statler
#24 · (Edited)
Annoying thing is that this means the car has been prepped and is ready. But as I can't collect it (due to Coronavirus restrictions) I have to wait until next week for Sturgess to deliver it.

#28 ·
Not really classed as an essential journey. I have tweeted the Chief Constable though to check. He follows me on Twitter for some reason...

#29 ·
Hopefully you will be able to use your new car more than I have - think I have had more map updates than miles travelled! [emoji23]

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteA and ChrisSB
#30 ·
I doubt it. The R-S is getting used once a week at the minute at most.

#49 ·
I was under the impression that Android 11 will bring that for........Android

#50 ·
Wireless Android Auto? I thought additional hardware was required.

#61 ·
Chris, Mrs S is using the first Remote app with he Pathfibder based F-Pace and I’m using the newer one with my SDD based XF.

The older app actually works better. I find the newer one is too clever for its own good and trips up regularly or fails to communicate properly with the car. Often it will fail to start the car remotely and time out but the car will be running. Very odd.

Journeys are good and being able to watch the car at the dealer is good. Mine was away for four weeks last March and it meant I didn’t need to keep ringing them to see what was happening. I knew it was still in the body shop. [emoji106]

Fun times.

#62 ·
Thanks. Had that worked out earlier. Bloody JLR and their software.

I’ve just found out about a third party app called MyPace. Apparently it’s very good. Hoping to get a TestFlight invite for it.

#64 ·
Just had the charger delivered. Just need to get a commando socket installed in the garage now.

Reactions: OBC John and Gav
#67 ·
I think they were valeting it. It might be part of the COVID clean leaving the windows open overnight.

#75 ·
I’ve just realised I’ve been running the Go I-Pace app for a couple of years now. Interesting statistics.

I think I have a heavy foot [emoji1787][emoji23]

Reactions: PeteA
#76 ·
Question: this is a brilliant function of the app to defrost&warm the car.....how does it work for the leccy one?

#77 ·
Same way as far as I know.

Reactions: R17