Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what tyres would have originally come with the car?

2010 XF 3.0d S

Thanks

Registered
If you register with Jaguar Topix and enter your chassis number, you can get a whole load of info on the standard build

Reactions: PeteA

Does anyone know what tyres would have originally come with the car?

2010 XF 3.0d S

Thanks
Dunlop (Dunslip) Sportmaxx 2. 255/35/20 on fronts, 285/30/20 on rears, if you have the staggered set up like I had on mine.

Jaguar recommended these tyres and they were marked 'J' rated.

Plenty of evidence on here of the sidewalls splitting, so personally (and I think others here will too) recommend Goodyear F1 A3 or Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Reactions: Shrek

Registered
Dunlop (Dunslip) Sportmaxx 2. 255/35/20 on fronts, 285/30/20 on rears, if you have the staggered set up like I had on mine.

Jaguar recommended these tyres and they were marked 'J' rated.

Plenty of evidence on here of the sidewalls splitting, so personally (and I think others here will too) recommend Goodyear F1 A3 or Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
I can confirm sizes on MY2012. How mine are Pirelli and side walls(protective part) are very easy to damage.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I have 255/35/20 all round, Which models came with the staggered setup?

I guess I'll be keeping away from Dunlop and Pirelli

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
If you register with Jaguar Topix and enter your chassis number, you can get a whole load of info on the standard build
Thanks for the reminder, I have previously registered for this and now can't remember my username and there is no option to resend it.

Registered
Thanks for the reminder, I have previously registered for this and now can't remember my username and there is no option to resend it.
Re register, doubt if there is any check.

Registered
My pre-facelift Portfolio had staggered wheels and tyres. 285 on the rear, 255 on the front.

Current face-lift has 255's all round.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Registered
I thought previous owner had changed it but it seems coming from factory like that. Strange the haven鈥檛 cover it on the label.

Super Moderator
I thought previous owner had changed it but it seems coming from factory like that. Strange the haven鈥檛 cover it on the label.
Tyre pressures sticker covers all possible options, both the XF's I had came with same size tyres all round.

Registered
Thanks for clarifying.

Where do you buy your tyres from?
I have a good local tyre place, but Michelin Pilot 4S are difficult to source (especially 285). I got mine from Oponeo and had them fitted locally. Used them a few times and good prices and delivery.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Must have changed then.

Asymetric 2? Any reason you didn't go for the A3s? I had them on the last car - fantastic tyre.

Gators:
They've been discussed on here an other forums.

General consensus was that they'll do the job fine when intact.

What happens after you kerb a wheel is the big unknown.
Most here believe that the gator may fracture under centrifugal force, and shatter - possibly causing damage to paintwork.
None on here that I know of have them fitted for this reason.

Registered
I hate to see them. Like leaving the plastic covers on your new sofa. :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts