Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XFR - Ultimate Black
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am extremely tempted to get the below leaper put on the back of the car when it goes in for the project 8 style stripes

Colour wise am thinking gloss metallic charcoal grey (below) for the leapers and stripes. I was going to go for Matt but because my car is a very shiny ultimate black I thought gloss stripes/leapers would blend much better as they will follow the same "shimmer" across the car. It might also make them look more painted on rather than look like decals.

mine for reference

Do people think this would work?

·
19,872 Posts
orange is too loud for me
Large pinch of salt required when Jake makes replies like that ;)

You'll get used to the forum humour soon enough :p

Reactions: JakeBlade

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am extremely tempted to get the below leaper put on the back of the car when it goes in for the project 8 style stripes

View attachment 187422

Colour wise am thinking gloss metallic charcoal grey (below) for the leapers and stripes. I was going to go for Matt but because my car is a very shiny ultimate black I thought gloss stripes/leapers would blend much better as they will follow the same "shimmer" across the car. It might also make them look more painted on rather than look like decals.

View attachment 187425

mine for reference
View attachment 187427

Do people think this would work?
Sometimes less is more. I like the idea of the leaper too, but personally I would do the project 8 stuff and leave the leaper off for time being. Could put it on later if you felt needed?

·
19,872 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XFR - Ultimate Black
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It’s all going to look a bit council house if you get it wrong.
Ive actually been thinking the same just recently.... it could go horribly wrong.

Might instead go with one stripe over the car, quite slim, off set from the centre in matt black with yellow pinstripe either side

On the side of the car something down the side skirts instead of the big leaper. perhaps a silver leaper near the back wheel jumping over "jaguar" letters, then maybe have a matt black stripe going down the rest of the skirt to finish it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts