Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
26,000 Posts
I agree, play safe. £200 seeems excessive. I think i paid paid HA Fox £140including under-car video/health check!!
The supplying dealer should be paying for it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You shouldn't be paying anything for this. Stratstone should reimburse your local dealer with the cost of an oil & filter change.
I've spoken with the service manager at stratstone yesterday and he's been fantastic. He's going to deal direct with my local jag dealer and get it sorted for. So can't complain about that side of it. He explained to me that it's a machine that they use to do oil changes and it puts in the exact amount needed. I'll let the dealers get to the bottom of it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just a small point, if the sensor is playing up and they fill it to the "correct" level relying on the faulty sensor you could be in as much trouble, how do you know if the reading is correct or not? Phil
I'm assuming that the garage will check all of that. I'll speak to them on wednesday and they can keep me updated

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi first of all thanks to all who replied to my post.
Inchcape Jaguar Norwich contacted  me to collect my Jaguar and told me all was working as it should be and the reading on the gauge is staying in the same place every time. I told them if I check the car and it was still reading wrong I would be keeping the courtesy car till it was sorted. As we went to the car the customers service 
assistant told me the levels have been checked all day and has been on 3/4 full every time, which was strange as they have constantly told me they always fill to top! When I took the reading it was only half full, I was told to keep the courtesy car and now the Jag is being looked at once again. Hopefully now they know there is a problem perhaps they will deal with it.
My mechanic predicted it could be wiring loom or ECU unit, hopefully we will find out soon, I will post the results.
The thing to remember is if you buy or lease a car it is your responsibility to check the fluid levels and this is impossible if the gauge is reading incorrectly.
Thanks Glenn

21 - 24 of 24 Posts