Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Fair enough John, and tbh.. credit to you for having used the search function here (though that is probably unlikely due to it's ability to do it's only function in life very well.. ;) ) or a.n.other search engine rather than just coming on here and asking first. (y)

Welcome aboard, care to tell us any more about yourself, or at least your car? We LOVE pics of cars on here by the way!

P.S. How much of your hard earned money are we allowed to convince you to spend on your car?.. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fair enough John, and tbh.. credit to you for having used the search function here (though that is probably unlikely due to it's ability to do it's only function in life very well.. ;) ) or a.n.other search engine rather than just coming on here and asking first. (y)

Welcome aboard, care to tell us any more about yourself, or at least your car? We LOVE pics of cars on here by the way!

P.S. How much of your hard earned money are we allowed to convince you to spend on your car?.. :)
I have 2 Jaguars, a 1998 XJ8 in champagne colour or beige, never lets me down and my 2012 XF which has had a few problems of which none has been the cars fault. I had a tow bar fitted and the tow bar company was crap to say the least, and have left the car open to water damage. The electrics on the tow bar failed last week which also made the N/S rear indicator fail which suggests possible water damage too. I may just leave it to dry out

The last time water got in the O/S rear indicator had a light stay on and even then Jaguar wanted to replace it. after a few sunny days it corrected itself.

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Nice stable you have there John, perhaps a nice friendly mod will split the thread and move this portion to the new members section? @Stig et all

Going off topic from the original thread purpose.. but are you aware of the possible headlight washer pump issue on your XF and resultant fluid in the CJB causing big problems?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice stable you have there John, perhaps a nice friendly mod will split the thread and move this portion to the new members section? @Stig et all

Going off topic from the original thread purpose.. but are you aware of the possible headlight washer pump issue on your XF and resultant fluid in the CJB causing big problems?
All I seem to be doing is spending money on the XF i am thinking of getting rid of it and getting a 3 year old XJ

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
What problems have you had John?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What problems have you had John?
The towbar was fitted by company called towbar express who have made a real hash of it drilling holes where they shouldn’t of gone through ventilators at the back of the car that shouldn’t of had it caused water damage the 13 pin electrics then failed. At the same time so did the left rear indicator and before that the water damage caused on the right rear lights for them to remain on however with that one it re-corrected itself after a couple of weeks of really good weather dried out

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've just this week had one of my rear lights (the part on the tailgate) replaced under jaguar approved warranty.
No drama at all, dropped car off at local indy who took care of everything. Didn't cost me a penny.
Mine is a 2014 xfr with approved used warranty.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts