Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Jaguar X260 2017. Everything in it worked flawlessly until today. The car stood in the sun (35 degrees) for 1 hour. While driving, the middle screen suddenly stopped glowing, the air conditioning panel turned off, the air conditioning, the temperature sensor stopped showing the value, the camera behind the mirror stopped working, the rear view camera and parking sensors. The failure occurred suddenly. Everything else works. After connecting the tester, it indicates error U-0164 (87). Has someone had a similar failure? There is little information about this error so I am asking. Thanks for all the hints and answers.

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
Sorry to hear this.
That error should be in the workshop manual, which you can download from my post in the X260 section.
If you have difficulty downloading it from my sharepoint site let me know and we can try to get it to you another way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer.

Of course, there is a bug number listed there, but maybe someone has had a similar situation in the past. It happened for the first time. The car stood in the open sun for an hour, everything worked after firing (air conditioning, center screen, cameras and temperature sensor). I drove it for a few minutes and suddenly everything stopped working.
Font Screenshot Number Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Such errors occur after connecting the SDD. It does not connect to FCIM, HVAC, IMC, IPMB interface. I started checking the fuses. After removing the fuses and putting them in their place, the central screen with the radio starts to work for a moment, but there is no air conditioning, a camera behind the mirror and cameras with parking sensors. After a while, the screen goes blank and you can't turn back on. Someone had the same? The battery is two years old. There have never been such problems with the car.
I will be grateful for every hint and answer.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I had electrical failures which ended with the car being completely dead, except for the alarm, which went on and off for a few hours.
It turned out to be a faulty BCM ( Body Control Module).

Paul.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OMG! Don't even scare me. I am replacing the alternator for now, because it is below 13.6V when the engine is working, and it should be above 14V.
BTW: what are the appropriate voltages of the modules with the engine on, driving at a speed of 100 km / h, only the ignition. Anyone know about this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
OMG! Don't even scare me. I am replacing the alternator for now, because it is below 13.6V when the engine is working, and it should be above 14V.
BTW: what are the appropriate voltages of the modules with the engine on, driving at a speed of 100 km / h, only the ignition. Anyone know about this?
I believe that due to the way the battery system works the voltage tends to fluctuate between 13.6 and 14.4 volts.
Before tackling the alternator (which is a pig of a job) maybe have a look at the junction boxes in the front and rear of the car and check for water ingress?

alan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much for joining the discussion and problem localization. When changing the battery for other moments, the air conditioning and the center screen work. After a few minutes, the message "System will shut down in 1 minute" appears. Maybe the contacts are not cleaned somewhere, although at the very beginning it was checked by me. Where else could the problem be? The car has a real mileage of 190,000km, no accidents, regularly serviced. It happened suddenly, while driving, Jag turned off the screen and air conditioning. The state remains to this day.

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
I believe that due to the way the battery system works the voltage tends to fluctuate between 13.6 and 14.4 volts.
Before tackling the alternator (which is a pig of a job) maybe have a look at the junction boxes in the front and rear of the car and check for water ingress?

alan.
Just on this, the X260 wasn't prone to the CJB water ingress issue, so you could probably rule that out.

Thank you very much for joining the discussion and problem localization. When changing the battery for other moments, the air conditioning and the center screen work. After a few minutes, the message "System will shut down in 1 minute" appears. Maybe the contacts are not cleaned somewhere, although at the very beginning it was checked by me. Where else could the problem be? The car has a real mileage of 190,000km, no accidents, regularly serviced. It happened suddenly, while driving, Jag turned off the screen and air conditioning. The state remains to this day.
If, with everything off, but just the radio on, the car wants to shut down very quickly, in say less than 3 minutes, then that is probably a sign of a weak battery.
Mine would usually give about 10 mins then shut down without the warning

·
Registered
61 Posts

It does sound like an alternator charging problem tbh.
When my alternator stopped working the voltage slowly dropped from 12.6 volts to under 11 when everything starting shutting down like your symptoms.
I did say to change the alternator is a hard job, it’s really not that bad. Access is tight when your working with the vehicle on axle stands but it’s perfectly doable.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
OR.....you may have a parasitic battery drain.
I had this....turned out to be my dash-cam cigarette lighter plug.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Alternator replaced. On to the same. Or maybe it has a software problem? The XE twin was the same, they made an update and the problem resolved. Just what module? What activity in SDD?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Found a certain thread in XE and it all points to a malfunction of the rear camera or cable supplying the tailgate installation. Have you encountered a similar solution? In fact, moving the beam on the left side of the boot opens the center screen and does not block the air conditioning. There must be a short circuit or a broken cable somewhere. I have removed the tape cover from the backrest to the hatch hinge and there is no visible break in the physical cable. The reason for the failure was the blue cable from the left side of the trunk to be installed in the hatch. Replacing it solved the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts