Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked my XFR into H.A.Fox; Norwich, for a Major Service, 3 weeks in advance!
Arrived within the arranged (booked) timescale, (09:00-10:00hrs) only to be informed that the vehicle would not be completed until 17:00hrs. Having travelled up from Suffolk to be informed that we would have a 71/2 hr wait is totally, in my mind, unacceptable.
Having negotiated the finish time to 16:00hrs, we were offered transport to Norwich city centre with an agreed pick up time of between 15:30-15:40. Needless to say that the return transport was "delayed".
Upon return to H.A.Fox, i was informed that the vehicle was due, and given, a "Minor" service. (the vehicle was short of a Major service by 2K miles, hence my request for a "Major" service, as i did not wish to exceed the Major service at 32K during the coming 12 months). I was very angry at my request not being carried out. 70 miles each way only to be treated this way left a very nasty taste!
Just to cap the day off; they never even cleaned the vehicle as promised; sorry, but we never had time, was the reason!
Having spent all of my working life in the motor trade, i am left speechless!
I understand that H.A.Fox, Norwich, are very soon, moving premises alongside the Norwich "Audi" dealership. I came from "Audi" to Jaguar some 10 years ago. This may well be reversed!
Very angry......

·
Firm Rampant Member
14,595 Posts
Booked my XFR into H.A.Fox; Norwich, for a Major Service, 3 weeks in advance!
Arrived within the arranged (booked) timescale, (09:00-10:00hrs) only to be informed that the vehicle would not be completed until 17:00hrs. Having travelled up from Suffolk to be informed that we would have a 71/2 hr wait is totally, in my mind, unacceptable.
Having negotiated the finish time to 16:00hrs, we were offered transport to Norwich city centre with an agreed pick up time of between 15:30-15:40. Needless to say that the return transport was "delayed".
Upon return to H.A.Fox, i was informed that the vehicle was due, and given, a "Minor" service. (the vehicle was short of a Major service by 2K miles, hence my request for a "Major" service, as i did not wish to exceed the Major service at 32K during the coming 12 months). I was very angry at my request not being carried out. 70 miles each way only to be treated this way left a very nasty taste!
Just to cap the day off; they never even cleaned the vehicle as promised; sorry, but we never had time, was the reason!
Having spent all of my working life in the motor trade, i am left speechless!
I understand that H.A.Fox, Norwich, are very soon, moving premises alongside the Norwich "Audi" dealership. I came from "Audi" to Jaguar some 10 years ago. This may well be reversed!
Very angry......
Cannot say that I blame you.
My praise for the same outfit oop North appears to very premature.
Once out of warranty, I'm off.

My first port of call will be Sturgess for my next one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just looking over some older pos5 and I hope it is not minded I bump this, but my local stealer in Somerset tried to better this.
both involve the B service on my X type2.2. First B I noticed the invoice was “ doctored“ to show the price the B but when looking over the parts used the fuel filter was missing. I pointed this out and a techie was swiftly despatched to sort this out. Car came back stinking of diesel. They did let me pay the A service price though IIRC.
the second B was booked in as a B and confirmed on the order signed by me. after a lengthy wait (last year, so no loaner) I came back to find the techie had over ruled the B and gave me an A, as it needed it according to the service book. The id10t only read the book wrong but
a. did not inform the customer
b. Over ruled the work sheet.
was far from happy after I had to point out to them what extra work was required. They are supposed to be the experts. Right. At least they waived the total fee. If they hadn’t it would have gone to the top ......
p exec the car a few weeks later for my first XF, so someone has a cracking red X type 2.2D SE with a Somerset reg.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I distrust and despise car dealers and car workshops. The above are just so typical of the standard expectation of how to be treated. It really is not at all hard to put the customer first and give good service, have respect for the customer and their car. I get better respect and service at Sainsburys.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Just looking over some older pos5 and I hope it is not minded I bump this, but my local stealer in Somerset tried to better this.
both involve the B service on my X type2.2. First B I noticed the invoice was “ doctored“ to show the price the B but when looking over the parts used the fuel filter was missing. I pointed this out and a techie was swiftly despatched to sort this out. Car came back stinking of diesel. They did let me pay the A service price though IIRC.
the second B was booked in as a B and confirmed on the order signed by me. after a lengthy wait (last year, so no loaner) I came back to find the techie had over ruled the B and gave me an A, as it needed it according to the service book. The id10t only read the book wrong but
a. did not inform the customer
b. Over ruled the work sheet.
was far from happy after I had to point out to them what extra work was required. They are supposed to be the experts. Right. At least they waived the total fee. If they hadn’t it would have gone to the top ......
p exec the car a few weeks later for my first XF, so someone has a cracking red X type 2.2D SE with a Somerset reg.
Let’s guess, Taunton? Well known to a few of us, messed me around. Fortunately I’m a little further up the M5 so now use Swallows.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Nottingham Merc dealership is excellent in my experience.

·
Registered
61 Posts
First one w as Taunton at the old location second time was Exeter but they are under the same banner.

Reactions: idrobbo
1 - 7 of 7 Posts