Jaguar Forum banner
241 - 260 of 338 Posts

·
Administrator
29,414 Posts
I might hazard a guess that certain systems are being affected by the chip shortage and being deleted from builds?

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
I might hazard a guess that certain systems are being affected by the chip shortage and being deleted from builds?
That may be the case and, if mine has had the treatment it will be rejected.

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
That's interesting....perhaps that where they make their margins, Chris?

I'm, genuinely, very relaxed about the delays...at the minute.

I'm getting a decent car allowance , Luke's car ( once it gets moving) is great to drive about town,
I get a foc loaner if they miss 1st Sept ( we will be discussing the late delivery) and if I'm not totally happy I will get a BM.

( getting a foc charging point is proving to be out side the scope of what was stated... )

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Just pinged a brief note to the dealers, asking for an update - considering that it appears that agreed delivery dates are still being pushed out.
They came back immediately and said that they will provide an ETA.

That will be as much use as a chocolate fireguard and they've been advised to that effect.

·
Administrator
27,544 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 · (Edited)
Thank you Nick.
That's a huge help, I will look.

I note that Drive the Deal have pulled Velars ( amongst others) from their site.

I do know that 330e's are on the Co car list but that's the only one I know of.
The list is constantly changing and I wld have to enlist, then it is released to me.
The Co wld then get me a short term hire until mine is ready.

Madame isn't best pleased but a 330e for £80/90 a month has to be considered,

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
ETA now 17,9.21...
Extended by another two weeks.
Message sent expressing concern and acceptance that if I pull out, they'll simply be able to supply another client a tad quicker.
They've been given 24hrs to turn this cheesed off client into a content one...or I cancel my order.

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts
I expect them to cancel it.

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
I expect them to cancel it.
as do I, Chris.

Deb will be gutted but JLR have behaved appallingly
They promised direct communication from the point of order.
1 initial email, 1 letter ( 3 weeks after the date mark).
I feel that they have thrown their dealers under a bus.
I'm also liking the idea of having a car ,which I can park up again and not give a toss if some tool dinks it

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts
You'll probably find that all dealers are the same right now. No matter the brand.

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
You'll probably find that all dealers are the same right now. No matter the brand.
of course
Sellers market and all that.
£541 private fuel - based on 20% tax ( salary sacrifice pension sorts that ) .

AND if this happens, I won't be a renter anymore.

😄

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
" Hi and thank you for your rapid reaction.
I am now in a dilemma.
This additional two weeks, could quite easily be extended again and again etc. I fully understand that this situation is totally beyond JLR's control but I simply cannot continue to hire cars...it's a pain.
The original ETA was 23rd May ( give or take a day and this date was generated during the PCP process...I accept that this date may have not taken the reality into effect).
At best the delivery will be 4months late. I was willing to extend the delivery date , as I know how fraught the situation is BUT I expected to be in a situation where the car was held back to Sept 1st 2021. I will be speaking to my wife this evening.
I'm going to suggest that we cancel and my deposit be returned.
It won't effect Inchcape nor JLR as demand is outstripping supply, that may be ( forgive me for being a tad cynical) why JLR themselves are not being proactive.
Inchcape Preston are great people to deal with.
This is sorely at the door of JLR and their own procurement .
If you would be so good as to relay my praise of Inchcape Preston and my utter dismay with JLR.
Please take 24hrs to liaise with JLR to turn this very cheesed off client into a content one.
Failure to do so will result in me cancelling my order.

I truly appreciate your efforts and concern and look forward to a positive response from JLR

KR

DN "

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
" Hi and thank you for your rapid reaction.
I am now in a dilemma.
This additional two weeks, could quite easily be extended again and again etc. I fully understand that this situation is totally beyond JLR's control but I simply cannot continue to hire cars...it's a pain.
The original ETA was 23rd May ( give or take a day and this date was generated during the PCP process...I accept that this date may have not taken the reality into effect).
At best the delivery will be 4months late. I was willing to extend the delivery date , as I know how fraught the situation is BUT I expected to be in a situation where the car was held back to Sept 1st 2021. I will be speaking to my wife this evening.
I'm going to suggest that we cancel and my deposit be returned.
It won't effect Inchcape nor JLR as demand is outstripping supply, that may be ( forgive me for being a tad cynical) why JLR themselves are not being proactive.
Inchcape Preston are great people to deal with.
This is sorely at the door of JLR and their own procurement .
If you would be so good as to relay my praise of Inchcape Preston and my utter dismay with JLR.
Please take 24hrs to liaise with JLR to turn this very cheesed off client into a content one.
Failure to do so will result in me cancelling my order.

I truly appreciate your efforts and concern and look forward to a positive response from JLR

KR

DN "
Any reply so far?

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Any reply so far?
yep...

quote unquote
" we will advise the dealer and they will contact you"
I sent the message to them, last night.
I got a quick response, from my sale chap.
He's asked for a catch up chat ....but has no arguments with the message, the details in the email sent alongside the message and my version of the events.
let's be brutally honest..JLR couldn't give a toss.
They will make more profit from someone else.
They won't regret this but MAY regret the loss of another JLR sale 2 years hence....when they are begging for business.
We've met, hopefully you'll see that I'm an easy going little chap and I'm more than happy to accommodate the stuff that can happen.
However, to push a delivery back by at least 4 month's, with no fixed delivery date known, is not acceptable. The order, before discounts, was over £73k.. how many orders will it take for them to lose before someone in JLR wakes up?
you look after the clients you have.. the ones you don't will look after themselves.

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts
If you didn't cancel the order, what would you want JLR to do?

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
If you didn't cancel the order, what would you want JLR to do?
Chris,
It's their job to sort it and come up with a resolution.
When I had the issues with the second Jag, I put a proposal to them and came out with a very decent deal.

This time, different circumstances etc, I'm not going to give them any clues etc.
Not my job to sort their problems, if you will.... I'm not angry just aghast that they haven't bothered to ring me.

They cannot even give me a nailed on delivery date... with that we could have had a base to negotiate from.

Obviously, £73k orders are not worthy of saving....

I've messaged Inchcape HQ with this...

" Hi and thank you.
I've sent xxxxxx a screenshot of the last message, with some additional information.
As I repeated to him, I could see zero value in involving xxxxxx directly.
The facts are these..
It is totally unacceptable for any supplier to continue to push back the supply of any product, without any firm indication of when the goods would eventually arrive.
JLR themselves appear to have thrown xxxxxx under a bus...safe in the knowledge that this order will easily be replaced.
As there has been no resolution offered, no nailed on delivery date nor any incentive to not cancel the order; I now consider the matter as closed and my order cancelled.
Please advise your Preston site and to return my deposit and post off my retention cert as noted.

KR

DN "

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts
I think you're being slightly unreasonable considering the global situation. Every manufacturer is having difficulties.

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
That's a shame, Dave.
Perhaps follow it up with a link to this forum/thread?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
I think you're being slightly unreasonable considering the global situation. Every manufacturer is having difficulties.
If I read him correctly, I think Dave is saying it's the way JLR are dealing with the situation that's pissed him off.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 338 Posts