Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here you go. Only opened recently, but surprised it's not come up on your car.

View attachment 193664
Will another looks.
Ta.

Tbh, a granny charger out the window of the caravan on sea view ( if you have a set of binoculars and a scaffold) holiday adventure resort will do.

Reactions: Avantime

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Only the V-max Electric.
Will try that.
Heard that it helps cars run that bit quieter.

Happy to rough it on a site with an arcade, onsite bar, plastic chair cafe etc.
Madame is having none of it.

Looks like cottaging in Padstow is happening.

• Wow
Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,037 Posts
Looks like cottaging in Padstow is happening.
Much preferable to being stuck on a static site with the proletariat. Then meals and evenings in the local pubs.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
There’s quite a few Superchargers south of Bristol that I know of… only problem is they’re of the belt driven variety :D

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Much preferable to being stuck on a static site with the proletariat. Then meals and evenings in the local pubs.
I've no idea why anyone would think that those that holiday in Padstow itself would be any different to those that holiday on a static site.. Pt. Isaac and Rock (amongst many others) also have issues with holiday makers, all year... ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just back from Harlyn and Padstow. It's beautiful with its own climate. Saw loads of Teslas. Cream first for me and you can get a 7 foot 6 surboard in the boot of an XF with a back seat down. New drivers to the area need a course to establish that they can actually drive without leaving a metre clearance to the left road edge. You see them coming towards you in the middle of the road with no clue that it doesnt work like this here. These roads are narrow. You also need to be able to reverse for at least 100m on a winding narrow road. Farm equipment and buses don't do reverse unless they really have to. There's a visitor type who thinks everyone will move over for them. They won't. And you might need to polish out some light scratches from the hedges and undergrowth but that tends to get trimmed back in time for the English school holiday rush.

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I've no idea why anyone would think that those that holiday in Padstow itself would be any different to those that holiday on a static site.. Pt. Isaac and Rock (amongst many others) also have issues with holiday makers, all year... ;)
Madame has a pathological hatred of caravans ( no logic behind it).
I adore them ... possibly not those who reside in them.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Just back from Harlyn and Padstow. It's beautiful with its own climate. Saw loads of Teslas. Cream first for me and you can get a 7 foot 6 surboard in the boot of an XF with a back seat down. New drivers to the area need a course to establish that they can actually drive without leaving a metre clearance to the left road edge. You see them coming towards you in the middle of the road with no clue that it doesnt work like this here. These roads are narrow. You also need to be able to reverse for at least 100m on a winding narrow road. Farm equipment and buses don't do reverse unless they really have to. There's a visitor type who thinks everyone will move over for them. They won't. And you might need to polish out some light scratches from the hedges and undergrowth but that tends to get trimmed back in time for the English school holiday rush.
I have mostly gotten used to it down here, except for a couple of idiots who decide it’s fine to do 60 through our village and accelerate when they see you heading down the lane.

I find some are inconsiderate towards others on the road, especially those with L plates and who are nervous. My daughter keeps asking what she did wrong, and I say nothing, they are just idiots who don’t remember what it was like to learn.

Reactions: WillieO
21 - 36 of 36 Posts