Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning a few days break around Padstow.... I can but assume that Teslas aren't common down there.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
planning a few days break around Padstow.... I can but assume that Teslas aren't common down there.
Make sure to bring your narrowest car, and then bubble wrap it for the lanes.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,174 Posts
Can you tow a diesel genny?

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
There are plenty down here Dave, but even the mighty Tesla think that it is just somewhere for holidays.. who needs infrastructure when you're on holiday? you're supposed to be relaxing, it's not like anyone actually lives down here permanently...

:rolleyes:

I do happen to have a fairly good map of decent pasty shops for whilst you're down here if it's of any consolation though...

:D

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
P.S. none do haggis ones that I've found yet though, either right or left handed ones...

An opening for you and your cousin maybe Gav?...

• Love
Reactions: Statler and Gav

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Superchargersa at Lifton - just before the Cornish border! There is also a recently opened one near Camborne. Where are you staying?
Near Lifton by the sound of it.

No superchargers came up on the Tesla route planner,..however, thank you.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spotted a few tesla stations but not so many superchargers, if you will.
Plenty of genie etc.
Think a 1/2 hr top up at Bristol is a no brainer.

Now to find a place.
Very fond of Padstow...plenty of happy times when I was a kiddiewinkle.

I want to rough it in a static....Debs has other ideas.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Nothing wrong with statics Dave, not if the view from your decking is like this:
Water Cloud Sky Water resources Building

Click here for full size version.

Especially good when there's a fierce westerly storm happening and you can sit in the lee of the static watching the huge waves smash spectacularly into the cliffs, and the heavy rain go past horizontally, all whilst staying dry and emptying various (pronounced 'any') bottles of alcohol... 😁

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nothing wrong with statics Dave, not if the view from your decking is like this:
View attachment 193655
Click here for full size version.

Especially good when there's a fierce westerly storm happening and you can sit in the lee of the static watching the huge waves smash spectacularly into the cliffs, and the heavy rain go past horizontally, all whilst staying dry and emptying various (pronounced 'any') bottles of alcohol... 😁
I'd live in one... cartridge or proper plumbing.
Think we might do a few days reccy-ing for potential house moves.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I'd live in one... cartridge or proper plumbing.
Think we might do a few days reccy-ing for potential house moves.
To Cornwall?

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To Cornwall?
who knows...
a bit further south and it gets too wet.

I've noticed that the kind of property I'm looking at around here is a cheap down there and the rain is warmer.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
There's a lot to be said for living down here Dave, the ability to take a shortish drive to buy any item you can think of isn't one of them for the vast majority of the county though..

And there's the 'incomers'.. whether permanent or temporary #[email protected]&@JayF... 🙃

You are 'jam first' I take it?..

Reactions: JayF

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's a lot to be said for living down here Dave, the ability to take a shortish drive to buy any item you can think of isn't one of them for the vast majority of the county though..

And there's the 'incomers'.. whether permanent or temporary #[email protected]&@JayF... 🙃

You are 'jam first' I take it?..
jam tomorrow

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Found somewhere to stay Dave?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts