Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently showing at 810 when you add distance travelled since fill and remaining range.

Who says SUVs are guzzlers

Took the photo in a lay-by btw, and at that point the range was even more.

·
Registered
23,876 Posts
Ah but, what do you have when you take the electric motor away? My XJ will do 48.5 mpg without trying.

·
Super Moderator
20,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah but, what do you have when you take the electric motor away? My XJ will do 48.5 mpg without trying.
Over the rest of the journey with a number of starts it was 50 mpg and for 100 miles it was 56mpg.

This is on my current mild hybrid not the PHEV im still waiting on.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
Over the rest of the journey with a number of starts it was 50 mpg and for 100 miles it was 56mpg.

This is on my current mild hybrid not the PHEV im still waiting on.
still miss our plug in hybrid A3

give me a decent hybrid with an electric range of 100 miles.... might be tempted, now that Asda fuel is cheap again.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
And just for comparison, heres a PHEV that's mostly used for town driving.

Automotive design Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gas Auto part

The "since refuelling" part is from the last time the fuel cap was opened.

The 300mpg is the maximum it will show ( I don't think the engines actually turned on in that time), but it's all pretty pointless as we're not comparing apples with apples here, which I guess is the main thing to bear in mind.

It does make me wonder though, what would be the mpg of a 3.0d XJ averaging 16mph 🤣

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
still miss our plug in hybrid A3

give me a decent hybrid with an electric range of 100 miles.... might be tempted, now that Asda fuel is cheap again.
That's the thing, if you've got a range of 100 miles on electric only then you might as well have a full EV.... Oh look you do 🤣

I'd certainly have one if I could afford one that I liked and had a range of about 200-250 miles.

·
Registered
23,876 Posts

View attachment 193715

The 300mpg is the maximum it will show ( I don't think the engines actually turned on in that time), but it's all pretty pointless as we're not comparing apples with apples here, which I guess is the main thing to bear in mind.

It does make me wonder though, what would be the mpg of a 3.0d XJ averaging 16mph 🤣
I'll answer that one: irrelevant because whatever it was I know which one I'd rather be doing 16mph (or any speed) in. :cool:

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
I'll answer that one: irrelevant because whatever it was I know which one I'd rather be doing 16mph (or any speed) in. :cool:
My XJ will do 48.5 mpg without trying.

Well you started it 🤷‍♂️

I'd much rather be in a 911 turbo, but the costs are.... how shall we put it.... prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

View attachment 193715

My brother has a similar screen in his highly fettled with Golf R that never gets to 20mpg let alone 300 🤣

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
View attachment 193723
Hold my beer. I’m locked out of the Tesla Supercharger network until I get the v5 for the new car! Predicted upon arrival has gone from -2% to 14% now .
can you not access the supercharger network using another reg?
I was under the impression that the network was now open to all, albeit with a premium.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Hold my beer. I’m locked out of the Tesla Supercharger network until I get the v5 for the new car! Predicted upon arrival has gone from -2% to 14% now .
Can someone translate that which 'the strange uplander' has written please... 😁

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Can someone translate that which 'the strange uplander' has written please... 😁

Please, let me explain to the 'South Western inbred'. When I set the satnav to take me home, it predicted I would arrive with -2% (ie. not make it). The car suggested a charging stop, but as it's a new (to me) car, it won't let me use the Tesla Superchargers. So, I ended up back at home with 14% 'in the tank', so to speak.

Driving at 60-67 most of the way was rather tiresome; just short of 500 miles for the day. It did mean that I got the equivalent of 300 miles to the 'tank'. Not done that before!

·
Super Moderator
20,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Driving at 60-67 most of the way was rather tiresome; just short of 500 miles for the day. It did mean that I got the equivalent of 300 miles to the 'tank'. Not done that before!
Im the opposite now I don’t find cruising the motorway at 65 tiresome at all. The 180 mile trip to Teeside takes 10 mins longer than doing 80 in real terms as you are able to maintain a constant speed rather than speeding up and slowing down.

A much less stressful way of driving and less surprises from other drivers doing daft stuff.

·
Registered
23,876 Posts
Driving at 65 on a motorway means you're playing with the HGVs in lanes #1 & #2. How you can describe this as being less stressful escapes me.
75 is a better cruising speed. A balance between the 80+ in lane #3 and the HGVs.

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Please, let me, the 'South Western inbred' explain.. When I set the satnav to take me home, it predicted I would arrive with -2% (ie. not make it). The car suggested a charging stop, but as it's a new (to me) car, it won't let me use the Tesla Superchargers. So, I ended up back at home with 14% 'in the tank', so to speak.

Ah!.. Thanks Hugh, seems obvious now that I know..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts