Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@Chris84 what was it that led you come up with the theory that the DPF was completely blocked and it was unintentionally mapped out?
A couple of things really, no suction from the intake pipes and barely anything coming from the exhaust gave me the feeling there was a blockage somewhere. Mechanic said he felt a slight blow from the upper sensor on the cat, so I thought the exhaust must be pressurised up to that area, hence why I asked them to split the exhaust after the cat, which then led to the car running fine and still not throwing a fault code even though there was no flow through the dpf

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
But mapped out the DPF regen and didn't tell you nor advise you to (illegally) have the DPF removed? That's hardly good customer service. Was the map an "out the box" map or was it setup on a dyno with before and after figures provided? I presume you have informed your insurance company the car is modified...
That's what I'm presuming has happened due to the car not triggering any fault codes or doing a regen. Yes the map was an "out of the box" map, no dyno run.
My insurance have been informed that the car has been modified, not that its any of your business 馃檮

Registered
That's what I'm presuming has happened due to the car not triggering any fault codes or doing a regen. Yes the map was an "out of the box" map, no dyno run.
My insurance have been informed that the car has been modified, not that its any of your business 馃檮
Can't see an insurance company covering an illegal car.

Registered
What's illegal about it?
Deleting or otherwise rendering the DPF non-functional.
And from that piece posted by @RickJagXF

Removing your Diesel Particulate Filter is also likely to lead you to having a void insurance policy, which could lead to your insurer withdrawing insurance cover, if a vehicle examination as part of an insurance claim, discovers that the DPF has been removed or tampered with.

Firm Rampant Member
And from that piece posted by @RickJagXF

Removing your Diesel Particulate Filter is also likely to lead you to having a void insurance policy, which could lead to your insurer withdrawing insurance cover, if a vehicle examination as part of an insurance claim, discovers that the DPF has been removed or tampered with.
Celtic Tuning make a statement that any DPF delete is for off road use.

Firm Rampant Member
@Chris84 what was it that led you come up with the theory that the DPF was completely blocked and it was unintentionally mapped out?
I don't think it was unintentionally mapped out..... do you?
if I was the OP, I'd be going back for a full revert.

Registered
As ever - his car, his choice.
That's true if he was fitting Carlos Fandango wheels. But taking out the DPF affects us all. Not too worried about myself but I am becoming increasingly concerned about what my 4-year-old granddaughter has in store for her.

Reactions: RickJagXF

Firm Rampant Member
That's true if he was fitting Carlos Fandango wheels. But taking out the DPF affects us all. Not too worried about myself but I am becoming increasingly concerned about what my 4-year-old granddaughter has in store for her.
as noted a few times now, another uninsured driver on the road.
I put last night that I didn't think it had been dyno'd ( the smoke would have been obvious).
there is NO WAY ON THIS PLANET that an insurance Co allow cover for a DPF delete for on road use....as for the emissions?? I'd like to see the Nos.
The little Scamp's map pushed it to the limit on its first MOT..a revert to the standard air filter sorted that

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Some really presumptuous people on here, yes the dpf is coming off for either a clean or a replacement and it's being remapped again to undo whatever was deleted in the first remap, so the car won't be illegal, my insurance won't be null and void, so you can all calm down

Firm Rampant Member
Some really presumptuous people on here, yes the dpf is coming off for either a clean or a replacement and it's being remapped again to undo whatever was deleted in the first remap, so the car won't be illegal, my insurance won't be null and void, so you can all calm down
a nice bit of reverse ferreting here..
remind me about the audi with the cut and gut ( earlier up the thread).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
a nice bit of reverse ferreting here..
remind me about the audi with the cut and gut ( earlier up the thread).
Sure, I had an audi 3.0tdi that had horrible issues with dpf which took the garage about 3 weeks to sort, ended up having a new dpf. Best thing for a dpf is a cut and gut because in my opinion they are nothing but trouble. Never did I state the audi had a cut and gut because it never, so no reverse ferreting at all

Firm Rampant Member
Sure, I had an audi 3.0tdi that had horrible issues with dpf which took the garage about 3 weeks to sort, ended up having a new dpf. Best thing for a dpf is a cut and gut because in my opinion they are nothing but trouble. Never did I state the audi had a cut and gut because it never, so no reverse ferreting at all
righhhtt.
I note that you are now going to have the DPF replaced. bloody good news...
Earlier it was simply a case of removal.
you have admitted that you were not aware that such an act would make your car none road legal.
looks like this thread has been of use.

Registered
The DPF is coming out tomorrow
I had a 2008 audi a4 3.0tdi which had major dpf issues also. Best thing for them is cut and gut
Never did I state the audi had a cut and gut because it never, so no reverse ferreting at all
Chris - Your above posts give an incomplete picture, which is why we were presumptuous in saying your car will be illegal with no DPF. Your posts have missing information, such as no initial mention the car was mapped, then saying the DPF is "coming out", and about another car while mentioning DPF issues "Best thing for them is cut and gut", all which give the impression that you have to previous and plan to on the Jaguar, remove the DPF. Our comments were based on the information you gave us, you are well aware we don't advocate illegal use of cars on this forum. We do enjoy modifying, using and repairing our cars and welcome members to share their experiences. We have some very, very knowledgeable and technical members here and many have hands-on experience of fixing known issues on these cars, which you'll find documented. Help us to help you and you'll find us a very welcoming bunch. (y)

Firm Rampant Member
Chris - Your above posts give an incomplete picture, which is why we were presumptuous in saying your car will be illegal with no DPF. Your posts have missing information, such as no initial mention the car was mapped, then saying the DPF is "coming out", and about another car while mentioning DPF issues "Best thing for them is cut and gut", all which give the impression that you have to previous and plan to on the Jaguar, remove the DPF. Our comments were based on the information you gave us, you are well aware we don't advocate illegal use of cars on this forum. We do enjoy modifying, using and repairing our cars and welcome members to share their experiences. We have some very, very knowledgeable and technical members here and many have hands-on experience of fixing known issues on these cars, which you'll find documented. Help us to help you and you'll find us a very welcoming bunch. (y)
all very true...even us in the "emissions police " 馃槈馃槈

• Haha
Reactions: OBC John
21 - 40 of 75 Posts