Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,037 Posts
So you had the car remapped, the mapper deleted the programming to run the DPF regen but "forgot" to mention this or (illegally) remove the DPF. You couldn't have had the map done very long ago as the DPF clogged, constricting the engine, and didn't mention the mapping, just the faults you were experiencing. So are now planning on removing the DPF, which will not only be illegal but the car will also not pass an MoT nor a roadside soot test. The car will produce black exhaust at heavy throttle with no DPF. I don't ever wish to be behind you. DPFs and other diesel engine regulatory equipment were specified and fitted for a very good reason.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Mapped by TWR Tuning in Alderley Edge who have a decent reputation and have done many remaps on these engines
But mapped out the DPF regen and didn't tell you nor advise you to (illegally) have the DPF removed? That's hardly good customer service. Was the map an "out the box" map or was it setup on a dyno with before and after figures provided? I presume you have informed your insurance company the car is modified...

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
The DPF is coming out tomorrow
I had a 2008 audi a4 3.0tdi which had major dpf issues also. Best thing for them is cut and gut
Some really presumptuous people on here, yes the dpf is coming off for either a clean or a replacement and it's being remapped again to undo whatever was deleted in the first remap, so the car won't be illegal, my insurance won't be null and void, so you can all calm down
Never did I state the audi had a cut and gut because it never, so no reverse ferreting at all
Chris - Your above posts give an incomplete picture, which is why we were presumptuous in saying your car will be illegal with no DPF. Your posts have missing information, such as no initial mention the car was mapped, then saying the DPF is "coming out", and about another car while mentioning DPF issues "Best thing for them is cut and gut", all which give the impression that you have to previous and plan to on the Jaguar, remove the DPF. Our comments were based on the information you gave us, you are well aware we don't advocate illegal use of cars on this forum. We do enjoy modifying, using and repairing our cars and welcome members to share their experiences. We have some very, very knowledgeable and technical members here and many have hands-on experience of fixing known issues on these cars, which you'll find documented. Help us to help you and you'll find us a very welcoming bunch. (y)

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Glad the DPF issue is sorted, these cars don't usually give issues (mapping and coding aside) but as like any DPF equipped diesel, we see the occasional warning and owners asking what to do. Brake wise, members tend to favour EBC Redstuff pads, work well even when driven "spiritedly" with less brake dust and there's a good selection of makes & types available if you don't fancy the Reds. Brake judder is a known (and so far not fully understood) phenomena on the X250. Saw your car on the Modified Jaguars FB site, very smart looking (y) Post some pics here for members to enjoy, we like pics. Pop over the the New Members section and intro yourself and your car.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
get myself a mongoose cable and download sdd, I used the new battery function on sdd and did an immobiliser relearn
How easy was SDD to get working and master?

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
If you need a PSU while using SDD, I got similar to this from Amazon which has adjustable voltage, wind it up to around 12.8v on load and use a pair of suitable jump leads for the connection cable. This one is 30A, bigger is available:
12V 30A 360W DC Switching Power supply Adapter

Reactions: Chris84
1 - 6 of 6 Posts