Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange issue with my 3.0d S (X250), started with a flat spot between 2800 and 3000 rpm, which then developed into no power/boost after 2800rpm, and has now gone to no power/boost at all. Car has been plugged in at local garage and is showing no fault codes, there is no smoke from the exhaust, car also starts fine. Boost hoses have been checked for leaks and none have been found. Intake doesn't seem to be sucking any air in at all really, undertray was removed and can see the actuator on the n/s turbo working, there is a small leak of exhaust gasses around one of the upper sensors on the dpf, other than that they can't find what's wrong with it. Anyone have any suggestions on things to check before I have to get it trailered to a jag indy?

·
Registered
XF Sportbrake Portfolio 2013MY with Meridian Surround
90 Posts
Possibly EGR related? May just need a good clean. I did have the 3.0d in one of my previous cars, but it ran pretty perfectly really. Never had to clean the EGR valve, think it was awkward to get at, may be easier on your vehicle. Could be turbo sticking also. The actuators can be greased with copper grease which can help, but there may be internal muck which is more problematic.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A good Jag indie is worth their weight in gold in my view. If you can find one near you they usually have excellent knowledge and experience of our cars, they have the correct Jag software for reading and identifying fault codes and, perhaps most importantly, they have a passion for Jags and care about their customers and their cars. I would get your car along to one as soon as poss, I am sure they will get you sorted and won't charge a fortune. Keep us updated on the outcome as it helps others who might be having the same or similar issues. Good luck.

Reactions: Chris84

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:

Back to my local garage today with the theory that the DPF is completely blocked and it was unintentionally mapped out when I had a stage 1 map, hence why it wouldn't have thrown a code. So asked the garage to disconnect the exhaust at the bottom of the cat, started whilst on the ramp and could hear the turbo spool, then asked them to strap the exhaust up to the car while still disconnected (crude, I know) then took it on a short road test, with results of full boost and power. The DPF is coming out tomorrow and car being remapped again, hopefully that will be the end of it.

·
Registered
XF Sportbrake Portfolio 2013MY with Meridian Surround
90 Posts
Glad you’ve found the issue. The 3.0d I had didn’t have a DPf so I never had that issue. Prices for older diesels without DPf have rocketed in the US apparently due to the issues with more recent models….people are buying the older models!

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,355 Posts
Strange issue with my 3.0d S (X250), started with a flat spot between 2800 and 3000 rpm, which then developed into no power/boost after 2800rpm, and has now gone to no power/boost at all. Car has been plugged in at local garage and is showing no fault codes, there is no smoke from the exhaust, car also starts fine. Boost hoses have been checked for leaks and none have been found. Intake doesn't seem to be sucking any air in at all really, undertray was removed and can see the actuator on the n/s turbo working, there is a small leak of exhaust gasses around one of the upper sensors on the dpf, other than that they can't find what's wrong with it. Anyone have any suggestions on things to check before I have to get it trailered to a jag indy?
you didn't mention the map.

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,037 Posts
So you had the car remapped, the mapper deleted the programming to run the DPF regen but "forgot" to mention this or (illegally) remove the DPF. You couldn't have had the map done very long ago as the DPF clogged, constricting the engine, and didn't mention the mapping, just the faults you were experiencing. So are now planning on removing the DPF, which will not only be illegal but the car will also not pass an MoT nor a roadside soot test. The car will produce black exhaust at heavy throttle with no DPF. I don't ever wish to be behind you. DPFs and other diesel engine regulatory equipment were specified and fitted for a very good reason.

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,355 Posts
So you had the car remapped, the mapper deleted the programming to run the DPF regen but "forgot" to mention this or (illegally) remove the DPF. You couldn't have had the map done very long ago as the DPF clogged, constricting the engine, and didn't mention the mapping, just the faults you were experiencing. So are now planning on removing the DPF, which will not only be illegal but the car will also not pass an MoT nor a roadside soot test. The car will produce black exhaust at heavy throttle with no DPF. I don't ever wish to be behind you. DPFs and other diesel engine regulatory equipment were specified and fitted for a very good reason.
a stage 1 remap ... nonetheless .
been better to stick a box on..

however, the exhaust crap would have shown up on the dyno.

assuming........

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,355 Posts
Mapped by TWR Tuning in Alderley Edge who have a decent reputation and have done many remaps on these engines
did they stick it on the dyno?
if so, it'd smoke.
what have your insurance said about this mod?

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,037 Posts
Mapped by TWR Tuning in Alderley Edge who have a decent reputation and have done many remaps on these engines
But mapped out the DPF regen and didn't tell you nor advise you to (illegally) have the DPF removed? That's hardly good customer service. Was the map an "out the box" map or was it setup on a dyno with before and after figures provided? I presume you have informed your insurance company the car is modified...

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,355 Posts
But mapped out the DPF regen and didn't tell you nor advise you to (illegally) have the DPF removed? That's hardly good customer service. Was the map an "out the box" map or was it setup on a dyno with before and after figures provided? I presume you have informed your insurance company the car is modified...
this is the thing..
insurance Co might not spot it.. but heaven forbid that the car was involved in a major crash.
they'd be over it like rash...
just NOT worth it
surprised they allowed it out of their shop...

this motor has two mods....oh oh

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,355 Posts
.. . another thing I don't miss.
looked at an acceleration booster for mine...easier to buy a built up shoe.

·
Registered
147 Posts
@Chris84 what was it that led you come up with the theory that the DPF was completely blocked and it was unintentionally mapped out?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts