Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Never been in a Bentley dealers but I'll bet their customers don't get treated as Joe Public do in a JLR dealer. Hence my expectation that JLR are opening their own global network of showrooms where they will offer customers the courtesy, facilities and pleasantries that the new luxury branding will need.

I sold my first Tesla to a chain of dealerships. I had to deliver it to a Bentley Showroom. I went in and was given the best cup of coffee, ever!

The manager came out to inspect my car; imagine how stressful that was! He commented on how clean it was, the money was in my account within 10 mins. They ordered me a taxi to the local station - think they paid for it too.

I then got the train to Sleaford and collected my Model 3 Performance.

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,042 Posts
Bentley Showroom. I went in and was given the best cup of coffee, ever!
Jaguar showroom, when collecting my new F-Pace, I was shown, with a back-handed wave of the salesman's hand, "coffee machine is over there.....". Had to make it myself, one of those commercial capsule type machines, was f-ing horrible coffee with longlife UHT milk. Maybe I should have been grateful there was coffee at least....

Reactions: Avantime

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Jaguar showroom, when collecting my new F-Pace, I was shown, with a back-handed wave of the salesman's hand, "coffee machine is over there.....". Had to make it myself, one of those commercial capsule type machines, was f-ing horrible coffee with longlife UHT milk. Maybe I should have been grateful there was coffee at least....
Tesla Service Centres have similar machines, AND free jaffa cakes!!

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,042 Posts
Few years back, we tried all the new local "posh" car dealerships near us. The Porsche dealer was really good, showed us all the cars in the showroom, gave us cans of Pepsi and little bags of sweets for my teenager, tried their utmost to book road tests for us in multiple cars, even offered a 24 hour test. We left with armfuls of glossy brochures. Next was Aston Martin, the very pretty receptionist welcomed us with a massive smile and made me a coffee. Same at Mclaren's next door, though I need a wee first! Last was the new Jaguar showrooms - we were ignored. Very nice showroom though.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Few years back, we tried all the new local "posh" car dealerships near us. The Porsche dealer was really good, showed us all the cars in the showroom, gave us cans of Pepsi and little bags of sweets for my teenager, tried their utmost to book road tests for us in multiple cars, even offered a 24 hour test. We left with armfuls of glossy brochures. Next was Aston Martin, the very pretty receptionist welcomed us with a massive smile and made me a coffee. Same at Mclaren's next door, though I need a wee first! Last was the new Jaguar showrooms - we were ignored. Very nice showroom though.
It's strange how it seems to vary. The Jaguar dealers down here -Poole/Bournemouth,
firstly when it was Westover Jaguar in Poole and now Hendy Jaguar in Christchurch are nearly always courteous, coffee and biscuits, please take a seat is there anything we can get you etc..

The only time they were less than smiley was after I had had the BCM and KVM replaced, was handed the keys . I started the car and the service required light was showing. I went back in and told them and the girl said "Maybe it's oil dilution."
"No, It's a glitch" ,I said." I have done less than 400 miles since the last service".
"That's when it can happen, when you do low mileage"
Says she..
Most of us here are not here because we are shrinking violets ha ha.
I went into my old married ways of 'mansplaining ', treating her and the other receptionist bloke like children that I was patiently explaining something simple to.
I told them the techie would fix this in 5 minutes.
"No", said the bloke, "because the workshop has been moved further away".
"Fine", said I." Will you take it there or shall I ?"
Jeez, what a performance.
Sorry to go on , but the memory still irks me :)

Reactions: OBC John
41 - 52 of 52 Posts