Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Had my xfr for a few years now. First jag and have been loving it.. Engine is sublime. I live in Kent, retired, and am a big fan of a v8. Have had a wide range of cars and bikes over the years.. Will try and post photos in gallery.

ian

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Hi Ian. Welcome to the forum. And to the large V8 contingent on here. (Might join you when I retire! )

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . ☺

·
17,724 Posts
Welcome Ian,

Pics up, so we can all oogle your P+J.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Hello & welcome

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ian, you are joining a lot of other V8 owners. Although there have been some horror stories with timing chain or supercharger, most of us seem to be OK, just a little paranoid to engine noises!! So far, I have had no issues with two XFRs over the last 8 years. Fingers crossed (and warranty in place!!).

We like pictures, so once you have made a few posts, you will be able to post them up on here. Expect forum help and advice and also suggestions to help empty your wallet on things you didn't know you needed or wanted ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the welcome, really appreciate it. I have had my car for about 3 years and enjoyed it immensely. Photos are on old iPad so will post ASAP. I have had no real probs, new battery is all. I don’t do a lot of miles and services are by jag to keep history up. Have a Suzuki Jimny and Honda x11 currently too. Have had a few of v8s in past, alpina b10, tvr, Chrysler srt8, m5. but when I wanted a change test driove the xfr and was hooked by the engine... only thing was they didn’t do an estate at the time which is really what I should have got. So, now am looking for xfr-s sportbrake... rare I know, so if anybody hears.....

Thanks again

Ian

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Welcome Ian

Not had the bottle to go V8 yet myself. I do plan to have one when my car isn’t required for a daily commute.

There are a few XF-RS sport brakes on the forum and I for one am a fan.

Mr Ancill shouid be about to talk TVR at some stage.

We like a bit of off topic banter on here so we hope you’ll join in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
11,836 Posts
Welcome Ian....

We will ease you in gently, hopefully you will enjoy the experience.

Ooh...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ian, you are joining a lot of other V8 owners. Although there have been some horror stories with timing chain or supercharger, most of us seem to be OK, just a little paranoid to engine noises!! So far, I have had no issues with two XFRs over the last 8 years. Fingers crossed (and warranty in place!!).

We like pictures, so once you have made a few posts, you will be able to post them up on here. Expect forum help and advice and also suggestions to help empty your wallet on things you didn't know you needed or wanted ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Welcome to the Forum, Ian.
If you are of a strong constitution and want to talk about V8's, I can mention my Mercedes C63 but then I don't want to upset the Jag boys!!;);)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All,

Have now put some photos on the forum... for some reason some upside down, sorry.. I’m also keen on rehousing retired racing greyhounds these days Currently on my 4 th...I originally was into minis as a young man, but my wife at the time got fed up of having engines in the lounge. Unfortunately my engines also destroyed 3 gearboxes and then I got into weightlifting and ended up at 20 stones, so not so much driving minis as wearing them!
.Moved on to mercury cougar 289ci xr2, xr3i, rover 220gti ( real crap car) then assorted beemers... srt8, TVr and others in between. Bikes started with cz250 then xs650, xj750, xtz750, tdm850, fj1200, fjr1300, currently old Honda x11.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Very nice looking XFR Ian. :cool:

The upside down one is only a Chrysler, so it won't matter.. ;)

And.. Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hello Ian. Yes, the Jag V8 is intoxicating, isn't it! I'm on my third one, two XFRs and now the F-type R. Also on my 2nd K1300S bike, which in my opinion are like a Jag on two wheels.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Welcome Ian and with another Xfr. They are wonderful cars and I currently have no intention of getting rid of mine. 7 years of largely faultless performance so far and before that 5 years of an sv8.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts