Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Have a 2010 3-0ltr Diesel Premier luxury had it a few months now love the car, thought I would share my story
On purchase the car drove great but was needing a right good clean worst was the wheels big 20" took me a full day to get them looking good acid cleaner and elbow grease it was needing a few stone chips to the front touched up for this I used chipex does a great job.
I always change the internal lights to leds which was straight forward thanks to reading the forum now have a nice blue hue which I love.
I found a fix in utube to sort the boot lid not springing fully up works great now.Next project was to change the headligh bulbs a lot better now, however after doing this I got Pedestrian Impact warning triangle light on
I took it an indie to get it read with his computer as I knew I hadn't hit anything he said it was the parking sensors , decide just to leave it and live with it.The worst thing was battery not charging warning and I thought a good run would sort this out, tried battery charger wrong next day it was still flatish , so I order new battery changed it yesterday but broke the retaining bolt common problem, another project to resolve.
I thought I would have to reset a lot after fitting it but no only the windows and clock but best of all no Pedestrian warning and all parking sensors working fine all happy now and love the car.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kamo and glad you’re enjoying your new Jaguar.

·
17,728 Posts
Welcome Kamo,

glad you're enjoying the car.

I'm onto my 3rd XF - best car I have driven by far.

Plenty of knowledgeable folks on here, and a healthy dose of banter too.

Beware acid cleaners on the wheels - they are very very strong, and may damage the paint finish on the wheels.

Bilt Hamber do a fantastic non-acid wheel cleaner - Autowheel. Thoroughly recommended.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Wilf does love a hammer :D

Sounds like you've a great grasp of your XF already. Welcome to the forum!

I've bought a Chipex kit for my latest XF to touch up a few small chips on the bumper. It seems to be the best out there.
Not had great results with the original touchup from Jag or Audi in the past so I'm hoping it will work out better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome I know my way around jags have a S type 3 ltr petrol bit of a guzzler
Xf a lot better if you follow the instuctions for chipex you wont go wrong, also when I tried to clean the wheels it was caked on with brake dust nothing would move it other than acid I just keep rinsing it after scrubbing so no damage done .

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Welcome, regarding pedestrian warning, there’s a sensor in the bumper that’s sometimes prone to corrosion on the contacts so if it reappears it’s a bumper off and easy fix.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi All
Have a 2010 3-0ltr Diesel Premier luxury had it a few months now love the car, thought I would share my story
On purchase the car drove great but was needing a right good clean worst was the wheels big 20" took me a full day to get them looking good acid cleaner and elbow grease it was needing a few stone chips to the front touched up for this I used chipex does a great job.
I always change the internal lights to leds which was straight forward thanks to reading the forum now have a nice blue hue which I love.
I found a fix in utube to sort the boot lid not springing fully up works great now.Next project was to change the headligh bulbs a lot better now, however after doing this I got Pedestrian Impact warning triangle light on
I took it an indie to get it read with his computer as I knew I hadn't hit anything he said it was the parking sensors , decide just to leave it and live with it.The worst thing was battery not charging warning and I thought a good run would sort this out, tried battery charger wrong next day it was still flatish , so I order new battery changed it yesterday but broke the retaining bolt common problem, another project to resolve.
I thought I would have to reset a lot after fitting it but no only the windows and clock but best of all no Pedestrian warning and all parking sensors working fine all happy now and love the car.
What's the fix to open the boot fully? 🤔

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I,ll try and explain about the boot mines only opened about 4 inches initially, if you fully open the boot lid and look behind the strut there is a small rubber gromet , you then take off the strut at the top small flat head screw driver and push it up, pull out strut this lets you get into the rubber gromet pop that out you then drill a small pilot hole.Get a small self drill bolt not any longer than 1/2 inch and screw in replace strut and then do the other side , bingo opens fully I might not have explained it fully but I suggest you search on you tube video there will show you how took me 10 mins to do both.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Hello & welcome

·
Registered
498 Posts
I,ll try and explain about the boot mines only opened about 4 inches initially, if you fully open the boot lid and look behind the strut there is a small rubber gromet , you then take off the strut at the top small flat head screw driver and push it up, pull out strut this lets you get into the rubber gromet pop that out you then drill a small pilot hole.Get a small self drill bolt not any longer than 1/2 inch and screw in replace strut and then do the other side , bingo opens fully I might not have explained it fully but I suggest you search on you tube video there will show you how took me 10 mins to do both.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
For the boot lid you could just go to SGS Engineering online and order a new pair of struts pressurised to 435nm and pop them on in 5 minutes (if that). Phil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gav or anyone
The dreaded Pedestrian warning triangle has reappeard again it doesnt affect the driving of the car just a pest, you say this is an easy fix
Can you elaborate a bit, clean it or replace??
Thanks

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Gav or anyone
The dreaded Pedestrian warning triangle has reappeard again it doesnt affect the driving of the car just a pest, you say this is an easy fix
Can you elaborate a bit, clean it or replace??
Thanks
Have a search on here, I think there's a post on here, could be @OBC John that done a fix I can't remember but I think it was just corroded/dirty contacts

·
Registered
55 Posts
On my 0214 Sportbrake there are three small grey pedestrian protection sensors mounted on the back of the bumper. As suggested if it's intermittent it may be just dirty contact, worth getting some contact cleaner aerosol. Removing the bumper isn't too bad, there are videos on Youtube, I find it easier to remove the front wheels to give access, then remove two bolts at the back of the undertray, loosen wheelarch liner, four screws and a plastic clip, two bolts near the rear of the headlamp. Free the multiplug clips that are just below the LH headlamp and if you have headlamp washers release the rubber pipe below the RH headlamp. There are three bolts on the top of the bumper securing it to the slam panel crossmember It's recommended for two people to remove the bumper but it's not heavy and perfectly manageable solo. It sounds worse than it is. unplug each sensor and spray contact cleaner probably worth cleaning the multiplug as well, bit of a pain to get apart but make sure it clicks shut!

·
Registered
17,190 Posts
Have a search on here, I think there's a post on here, could be @OBC John that done a fix I can't remember but I think it was just corroded/dirty contacts
Yes, this. The connector pins corroded.

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . ☺

1 - 20 of 27 Posts