Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I picked up a used 2016 XF S on Thursday and have some questions, that I hope you can help with.
I've used the search function but can't find exactly what I'm looking for.
▪ I assume there's supposed to be some trim on the roof of the boot? Mine hasn't got one (see pic) and wonder if anyone knows the part number? Is this what I need?
▪ I can't get any beeps out of the parking sensors. When I first start the car it allows be to press the two buttons to the right of the camera button (bottom left of menu pic). But then when I put it in reverse it all greys out.
I'm not entirely sure of how it's meant to work but I think it's meant to pick up objects, beep and show some bars. It doesn't .
I'll not there is no warning messages come up, as I've seen this usually means a sensor issue.
I've also read about the loom causing issues - would this cause an error message too?

Thanks in advance!!

John

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seem to remember that there was no upper trim in the boot of the X260. A money-saving exercise I suspect but doesn't look good.
As for the parking sensor problem, you need to get the fault codes read. Do you have a code reader?
Ha ha no it looks half finished, I thought someone had removed it and not put it back.
I don't have a fault code reader unfortunately. I was looking at them this morning but I'm not sure which would work on my model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi John, the Autel AP200 is often recommended: Amazon.co.uk

Icarsoft also get recommended a lot but there have been a couple of posts recently about certain versions causing issues with the X250, i.e. the earlier version XF. Not many people with the X260 post about using an OBD reader on here..

P.S. Welcome aboard!
Just ordered one of these so I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. The good thing about Amazon is their returns, so it'll go straight back if it doesn't work.

Have a look at this post by a forum member @Statler from a couple of years back when he took delivery of his X260.

Guess what? No boot upper trim/liner.
It's a weird decision IMO. It's one less thing I need to think about on the other hand!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've just scanned it with the AP200. There aren't any fault codes that this can read but the sensors still don't do anything!
I assume having sensors in the front and rear means they are actually supposed to act as normal sensors?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not that I've seen but I've only had it a few days.
Would the AP200 pick up a sensor issue? It seems fairly basic.
Is it possible the previous owner has them disabled via SDD?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If the AP200 does pick up sensor issue then I'm at a loss.
I also note others with issues get a warning message ok the screen too but I don't.
Would a dealer not turn them off by request?
I need to go to my local dealer to have them remove the previous owner from InControl so I'll ask when I'm there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It turns out scanning with the engine off doesn't pick up parking sensor issues :rolleyes:
From reading checking the loom in the rear is a common suggestion. Can someone please tell me where to look and what I'm looking for?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks @Statler
Just looked and you're right they all say to look at the same thing.
I've emailed the garage anyway because I went for a brisk drive today and when I stopped there was smoke coming from under the bonnet. It turned out it was coming from the supercharger belt area from leaking coolant. So I want them to sort the sensors and the leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts