Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,037 Posts
Just ordered one of these so I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. The good thing about Amazon is their returns, so it'll go straight back if it doesn't work.
Ensure that when you're done with reading codes etc, you use the back/return button to exit out of the menus all the way back to the startup menu. Disconnecting the scanner while still communicating with a module can and does have disastrous consequences. I also don't start the engine once I've started reading diagnostics. If you want to read live data, then start the engine first then connect the scanner. Remembering to exit the menus before stopping the engine too.

Reactions: JohnRS and Popeye

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Differing schools of thought here then. I don't think either method is incorrect, but I worry about starting the engine, if for example I want to check live data so need the engine running, I wouldn't be connected to the ECU module with the scanner than start the engine, the drop in voltage while starting could cause the scanner to lose comms connection. But saying this, I have done so and suffered no issues.

Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Is there a setting in ICTP to turn off the parking sensors? Or maybe in the settings menu on the dash? I can't recall now. If there is a sensor issue causing the system to disable there will be DTCs stored.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
The iCarsoft does, so I'd presume the AP200 would as well, but I've never used one so far. I can't imagine the previous owner would have had an independent garage use SDD to disable the parking sensors.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts