Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a short note to sat hi

I've owned my XF Sportbrake R-Sport black edition from new in 2015 and still love it. Fortunately had no major problems (touch wood!) however I've got a coupe of queries which I will post separately.
Cheers!

__
2015 X250 XF Sportbrake R-Sport Black Edition 2.2

· Registered
5,873 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Whereabouts in the South West?

I'm in Clevedon near Bristol but that makes me positively northern by some other South West members on here.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

· Administrator
32,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum - we do like first names around here. Unless your surname is Stevens, I can't really call you "Cat"?

· Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
5,401 Posts
Hello & welcome

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone :) I'm between Cheddar & W-S-M. Just had a quote for some work and am a bit gobsmacked by some of the prices so looking at alternatives, maybe doing it myself (rear brake disks and pads/ timing belt change)

· Registered
233 Posts
I've been quoted between £400 - £550 for the timing belt and water pump. About to have mine done.

Brakes and disks are straight forward enough, did mine last year. You need a rewind tool for the rears and a 7mm torx but other than that they are easy enough to do. There are some helpful 'how to' videos on YouTube.

Reactions: PeteA

· Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
5,401 Posts
Thanks everyone :) I'm between Cheddar & W-S-M. Just had a quote for some work and am a bit gobsmacked by some of the prices so looking at alternatives, maybe doing it myself (rear brake disks and pads/ timing belt change)
Right between JayF & Avantime (Clevedon) & me (Cheddar). Presume you’re well aware of the helpful guys at Swallows.

Reactions: JayF
1 - 10 of 10 Posts