Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just subscribed to Jim White so thanks for sharing the link, that’s my bank holiday viewing all sorted .

One question: I notice he uses a power washer a lot (wheel arches, windows seals etc.) at what seems quite high pressure with overspray onto painted panels. I’m a bit nervous of doing that, but on the other hand maybe it’s not much different to driving at 70mph in heavy rain?

What’s the general consensus on use of power washers on your pride and joy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Founder member
4,962 Posts
No problems us a K5 on mine all the time

Mind it is a Volvo so be tougher than a jag

But used on the XFS & XJ with no issues

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Jeepers, just watched that whole Rangie video, a incredible amount of work and such a stunning result!
I'm hooked.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I use a Karcher K2, not noticed any issues. I tend to use it at an angle, never at 90 degrees

·
Registered
583 Posts
Used a variety of pressure washers,even a diesel powered heated Karcher without any issue...

I have interhcnagebale tips that produce different angles of jet as part of my setup now, but even before I used to use them on seals to blast out built up crud. Not often you need to do that though!

As long as you're not Rambo with it you won't do any damage at all, and it is quite difficult to do damage with them

·
Registered
8 Posts
That’s a solid consensus which is reassuring - thanks guys.

I’m only nervous because my Jaguar paint seems very soft compared to previous cars in the household (an Audi and a Volvo).

I’ll be careful to use appropriate nozzles and angles of attack

·
17,749 Posts
No problems us a K5 on mine all the time

Mind it is a Volvo so be tougher than a jag

But used on the XFS & XJ with no issues
It would have to be with your history of throwing the hammer ;)

You sure you're not part Jock 😂

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
That’s a solid consensus which is reassuring - thanks guys.

I’m only nervous because my Jaguar paint seems very soft compared to previous cars in the household (an Audi and a Volvo).

I’ll be careful to use appropriate nozzles and angles of attack
Er, not quite. I wouldn't go anywhere near mine with a pressure washer.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Surely it depends on how close you let the lance get John... ;)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I use my K7 but only on reduced pressure. I’d be very wary of using 200bar on anything car associated. Never had a problem. I essentially am using it to boost the 2 bar mains pressure.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have used a K2 for years without any issue. Just use the standard lance, don’t get too close & keep the lance moving at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
K2 here aswell with a shed load of attachments and foam lances ...never had an issue .
Bit of the old common sense required .

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just subscribed to Jim White so thanks for sharing the link, that’s my bank holiday viewing all sorted .

One question: I notice he uses a power washer a lot (wheel arches, windows seals etc.) at what seems quite high pressure with overspray onto painted panels. I’m a bit nervous of doing that, but on the other hand maybe it’s not much different to driving at 70mph in heavy rain?

What’s the general consensus on use of power washers on your pride and joy?

Once you start watching his work you just get hooked and want more ...plus he's a nice lad also .

·
17,749 Posts
Once you start watching his work you just get hooked and want more ...plus he's a nice lad also .
Agreed. He's certainly a role model for those wanting to get into the detailing business.

Also known as the social media detailer.

You're right about him being a nice fella. Comes across as hard-working and very earnest and honest about things - including himself.

He's also very aware of working by himself and the mental pressure he put himself under.

He had to take an early break from his NZ getaway, due to Covid19. Shame.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very true - best I've seen anywhere on the web. Plenty to learn from his videos.

Andy - welcome to the forum. I'm sure Dave will have already told you the ins and outs of the forum - so join in.

Good look with the the handover tomorrow.
I might have mentioned who to look out for ;)

·
17,749 Posts
41 - 60 of 98 Posts