Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all
I pick up my new MY13 XF Sportbrake 2.2 197hp on Saturday (as long as it is as described).
This will be my first Jaguar and I look forward to interacting and getting advice on here.
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
18,220 Posts
Hello Andy. Welcome to the forum.
Exciting time waiting for a new car. But from your message, do I understand that you haven't seen it in the flesh yet or had a test drive?

Reactions: andybailey1972

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
I guess he's not the first to do this John, we've had a few members drive fair old distances to collect cars.
Good luck Andy, I do like a nice sportbrake, looking forward to some pictures from you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope not seen in person yet, as I said if it is not as described I’m perfectly happy to walk away. No warning signals though and am quite sure it will all be good

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Look forward to the pics Andy. The 2.2 200bhp sport brake is a very nice car to have. I hope all goes well with the collection! And congratulations by the way. I think you’ll love being in it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics will be on collection day and after I’ve got the DA polisher on it! It’s Italian racing red so should come up nice.
Andy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I’m in Fareham and no doubt will be asking for advice etc later on.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Hello & welcome. Good luck with your new car collection, best colour,

·
Administrator
27,743 Posts
Welcome Andy.

IRR is a great colour, looking forward to the pics.

·
18,475 Posts
Welcome Andy,

IRR - nice colour when it's looked after. Sounds like you're going to be doing that anyways ;)

Hope the purchase is hassle free and the drive back a long and happy one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drive back is from near Bath to Fareham so should be quite pleasant ;).
Apart from the usual that you would look for on a second hand car is there anything that I should be specifically looking out for? It is only on 52k (ish), had a service 200m ago (FJMDSH) and MOT is clear. It did have advisories for front brakes and tyres on a previous MOT but all brakes and tyres have been replaced.
Thanks in advance
Andy

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Drive back is from near Bath to Fareham so should be quite pleasant ;).
Apart from the usual that you would look for on a second hand car is there anything that I should be specifically looking out for? It is only on 52k (ish), had a service 200m ago (FJMDSH) and MOT is clear. It did have advisories for front brakes and tyres on a previous MOT but all brakes and tyres have been replaced.
Thanks in advance
Andy
Welcome! One of the great things about XF ownership is this brilliant forum.

For common(ish) issues, have a look here:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Blimey are you trying to put me off!!!
Just go in eyes wide open I reckon.
Thanks for the info
Andy
Dire reading isn't it. Just prepare for the worst and hope for the best. :)

To be fair most of it is small stuff and the 2.2 seems to be the engine with least problems so it should be a fairly safe bet. Especially if you're getting the car with a warranty that's a good check list to check against before the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum Andy. I used to work in Fareham years ago (at GenRad). There was and Andrew Bailey back then, is that you?

I bought my first XFR from HA FOX in Doncaster unseen. It was fine and had the remainder of original warranty (20 months) so I wasn't worried.

You will love IRR, especially in the sun. Here is mine after a quick wash and wax. Have a great handover and looking forward to your pictures.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 98 Posts