Jaguar Forum banner

New wheels for me

558 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CRB 
#1 ·
As some of you may remember I drove Jags for 10 years - an X-Type estate and then 2 XFs before being lured to the dark side and for the last three and a bit years I have been tootling around in a Mercedes C-Class hybrid.

Well have just done a car swap / share with my son in law and as he needs to transport our grandson around he has the Merc and I have this for the time being!!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Performance car

But am toying with the idea of going full EV next.

Have had a brief drive in a Tesla Model 3 - standard range version which was very impressive and for the last weekend had a Kia E-Niro which was equally impressive if somewhat different! Would really love an i-Pace but can't get even close with the man maths :rolleyes:

See less See more
#2 ·
I quite fancy an MX5.
You're going get pulled with that plate . . . . ;)

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . ☺

#5 ·
@CRB

Which model of Merc did you have? We were thinking about buying plug in hybrid C350e but I found a lot of negative comments regarding reliability and I started to look at different cars. Did you have any problems with it, particularly with hybrid system?

#6 ·
It is the C300h - the so-called "self-charging" hybrid with the 2.1 diesel motor in it.

In Sport+ mode it is 1 second quicker to 60 than the MX-5!!

I did have an issue with the hybrid system not working over the winter months last winter, but took it in for a software upgrade and all was well thereafter. I did make sure to keep the Mercedes extended warranty though. It isn't as economical as was suggested but over the last 10,000 miles I have averaged 53 to the gallon.

You can't get a new one of mine anymore and Mercedes have only just recently re-started the plug-in hybrid version in the C-Class. It has been around in the E-Class for a bit longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.