Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

Hope everyone is safe and happy. Thought I’d join and say hello, I’ve had my 2017 XF R sport for nearly a year now.

I love the car, easily the best car I have owned.
I need to replace the rear brake pads, so will be searching the forum for a guide, having issues with the electronic brake. But i’m sure there will be something here to help.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hi And Welcome! My rear pads are due soon, I might look at your job at some point or you will look into mine. Check the status of the disks, well known to be of poor quality and they need replaced.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Welcome aboard Chris! :cool:

·
17,713 Posts
Welcome Chris,

hope you find your stay with us helpful. Plenty of help from some very knowledgeable folks on here.

Oh and banter - plenty of craic/banter too.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Hey Chris, welcome!
Seems Firenze Red is very popular on the X260... Interested on how the pad change goes. I'd the slide pins out to check them recently, but as the pads and discs were changed in January, I have no need pull it apart yet.

It's a very different caliper and handbrake motor to the X250 I had previously. Each caliper now has it's own park brake motor, which may prove tricky. However, releasing the park brake and disconnecting the battery might be the best way forward. There isn't much needing set up on reconnecting it, just the date/time and the windows.

Good luck

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
I've replaced my rear pads on my x260 you can put the epb in service mode then just wind the piston back as normal, dead easy

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Hello & welcome

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Welcome .I’m holding of doing my rear as I fooked the caliper the last time. There is a procedure that apparently puts them into service mode but despite trying I ain’t got it to work.I want to do mine soon .My discs are corroded from factory and want to replace with the New shiny ones in my shed. Bought Brembo pads for front and rear.

·
Firm Rampant Member
11,830 Posts
welcome...

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Welcome .I’m holding of doing my rear as I fooked the caliper the last time. There is a procedure that apparently puts them into service mode but despite trying I ain’t got it to work.I want to do mine soon .My discs are corroded from factory and want to replace with the New shiny ones in my shed. Bought Brembo pads for front and rear.
@Gav, help a man out here... :D

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
@Gav, help a man out here... :D
Sorry missed this Googs,

To put the EPB into service mode;
  • set Gearbox to “N” or “P” or release EPR
  • set ignition “ON”
  • press & hold EPB button in “off”
  • wait 1-2 seconds
  • press until end & hold acceleration pedal
  • wait 1-2 seconds
  • switch ignition “off” & immediately switch ignition “on”
  • on IPC should be message “EPB in service mode”
Once this is done I removed one of the slide pin bolts and swiveled the caliper out of the way to wind the piston in as normal. Put new pads in swivel caliper down insert slider.
Done, switch ignition on and apply EPB

HTH's

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Ok what does press until end mean ? End of 2 secs? Thx

clever so you just remove one slider pin rather than the two. I will need to remove both as doing discs but that’s a great tip 👍

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
I think it’s press the pedal right to the end of its travel and hold for two seconds.

Great tip on the caliper swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
I think it’s press the pedal right to the end of its travel and hold for two seconds.

Great tip on the caliper swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yip Steve stop on, pedal down full travel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts