Jaguar Forum banner

New (to me) F-Pace S 3.0 Supercharged bought

Tags
4x4 f-pace
15K views 219 replies 24 participants last post by  OzXFR 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Part-ex-ing the XF when I collect the F-Pace so I won't actually be Alan-3-Jags!

#8 ·
Heated and cooled front seats and a HUD.

Very nice Alan.

380 horses?

Just make sure they haven't carried out the campaign TSB which doesn't let it cold start as long ;)
(Just got asked today about mine)

Hope you get a decent trade in - I presume on your X250 XF Portfolio Sport?

Health to enjoy!!

#9 ·
Yes, 380 horses :D

Got what I was expecting on the XF. It's a hard one to sell around here, as it's top of the range with pretty much every option added, and people say well I saw your model year selling for £4k..... Yeah, a pov spec with a 2 litre.......

Just make sure they haven't carried out the campaign TSB which doesn't let it cold start as long ;)
(Just got asked today about mine)
What's that all about?

#11 ·
There may be a few XF goodies coming up for sale in a bit! Got to start to de-mod or is that de-mob the car now.

#16 ·
Oh, just noticed, no heated steering wheel :(

• Wow
Reactions: OBC John and Popeye
#19 ·
Not sure yet, I'm waiting on a finance company to transfer a quite large amount of cash to me under probate. I didn't really want to be buying a car until the money was with me but I'd spotted this one and they're quite hard to find with all the options I wanted, in a colour that was acceptable. I've told Marshalls that I should have the finance in about a week but it could be two. No idea how fast I will get the money in reality. The probate paperwork is with them so all they have to do is transfer it to my account. How long should that really take? My late parents had all their savings in several investment portfolios but I'd already liquidated them and they are being held as cash accounts. Nothing is quick with this finance company and everything has to be done by emails or worse, snail mail. Nothing is web based or electronic.

#20 ·
I was lucky in that my sister was working for a probate company so could get things moving. It was still very slow to get the big cheques come through. I guess when you get a letter from the company asking to confirm your bank details, it would be in your account shortly after.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

#21 ·
They've already asked for the account proof, along with a sealed probate grant, and certified copies of my ID, all now with them.

Been in the garage starting to de-modify the XF-S. Then found the battery was discharged to 10 volts :rolleyes: Car went mental when I turned it on.

#25 ·
Been in the garage starting to de-modify the XF-S. Then found the battery was discharged to 10 volts :rolleyes: Car went mental when I turned it on.
Got some charge back in the battery and put the iCarSoft LR V2 on it. Errors logged in every module, mostly either lost contact with CJB, low voltage, or daft stuff that was nonsensical. All cleared.

#22 ·
Just watching the new TV series Reacher and guess what he is driving?
An F-Pace! Going by the plot it must be a hire car.
Can't tell what model for sure as no close up yet of the rear RH rear badge but it looks and sounds like the 3.0 V6 to me, definitely not the SVR. No S badge front or rear though so my guess is it's the non-S V6 with the 340 PS version not the 380 PS version.
The characters don't refer to it as an F-Pace but simply "the Jag".
The poor thing gets shot up a bit in episode four but is still drivable.

#23 ·
It's the car of the guy he was in prison with in ep1, whose wife and kids are in protective custody with the FBI bloke. With the presumption diesel wasn't popular in the US, and the V8 was only offered in the SVR, and I've not yet spotted any S badging, I'd also agree with you it's the V6 340PS. Poor spec headlamps though. I wanted and held out for LED 😄

I'm halfway through ep 3 so far.

#24 ·
It's the car of the guy he was in prison with in ep1, whose wife and kids are in protective custody with the FBI bloke. With the presumption diesel wasn't popular in the US, and the V8 was only offered in the SVR, and I've not yet spotted any S badging, I'd also agree with you it's the V6 340PS. Poor spec headlamps though. I wanted and held out for LED 😄

I'm halfway through ep 3 so far.
Finished it this evening. I enjoyed it. Held fairly close to the book, though its a few years since I read it.

Think the F-Pace was also a non S V6.

Seemed to do well enough.

#26 ·
Got some funds from the investment company, that were held in my mum's name. They're now asking for the probate for my dad before they will release funds held in his sole name. Problem is, mum died 4 days after dad, so probate was never applied for him as mum's probate superseded his. They're saying "need probate before we can release funds held in his name" and I'm telling them there is no probate in his name nor can it be applied for. I've asked them to transfer his funds to mums accounts, using his death certificate and will as proof as she is his succeeding spouse plus the will states she receives everything. All they keep saying is "need probate"....

• Wow
Reactions: Rigger
#27 ·
Start writing to national newspapers' financial pages. (the "help" columns, that is).

Also, a P&C letter to the chief executive of the investment company concerned, outlining the issue, may help.

Reactions: DAVENN
#28 ·
It's even more complicated, as the contact with the investment company is through a wealth management company, I don't have direct contact with them. Awaiting a response to my last instruction "transfer dad's funds to mums accounts, using his death certificate and will as proof of entitlement" while the wealth management company attempt to escallate internally between them both. It just needs someone sensible to stop looking at the computer which is currently saying "no".

• Sad
Reactions: Rigger and ChrisSB
#29 ·
It's even more complicated, as the contact with the investment company is through a wealth management company, I don't have direct contact with them. Awaiting a response to my last instruction "transfer dad's funds to mums accounts, using his death certificate and will as proof of entitlement" while the wealth management company attempt to escallate internally between them both. It just needs someone sensible to stop looking at the computer which is currently saying "no".
That’s the same with a lot of companies now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·
Might be getting the car this Saturday. Transferred the funds to the dealer, salesman says there's a delay to check the funds have arrived as the finance dept is offsite, email contact only and they're short staffed. "What day would you like to collect?" "Saturday please". "Ah, we don't usually have car collections on the weekends...." FFS. What is it with car dealers? In any case, he said if we complete the paperwork before hand, print, sign, scan return etc, he can probably sort a Saturday collection. Really must be selling loads and loads of cars and rolling in excess profits to not to bother having weekend collections to help their customers, as the norm....

#34 ·
Salesman sent me the correct forms now, the first were incorrect. Which is actually impressive. Not the bit about the wrong forms, but the fact he emailed at 19:30.