·
Super Moderator
12,469 Posts
Nice, hope you enjoy it Alan.

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
Nice!
Are you now "Alan 3-Jags". Or has the XF gone?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice!
Are you now "Alan 3-Jags". Or has the XF gone?
Part-ex-ing the XF when I collect the F-Pace so I won't actually be Alan-3-Jags!

·
21,144 Posts
Heated and cooled front seats and a HUD.

Very nice Alan.

380 horses?

Just make sure they haven't carried out the campaign TSB which doesn't let it cold start as long ;)
(Just got asked today about mine)

Hope you get a decent trade in - I presume on your X250 XF Portfolio Sport?

Health to enjoy!!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, 380 horses :D

Got what I was expecting on the XF. It's a hard one to sell around here, as it's top of the range with pretty much every option added, and people say well I saw your model year selling for £4k..... Yeah, a pov spec with a 2 litre.......

Just make sure they haven't carried out the campaign TSB which doesn't let it cold start as long ;)
(Just got asked today about mine)
What's that all about?

·
21,144 Posts

Got what I was expecting on the XF. It's a hard one to sell around here, as it's top of the range with pretty much every option added, and people say well I saw your model year selling for £4k..... Yeah, a pov spec with a 2 litre.......

What's that all about?
I'm about to update Big Red thread - I'll explain there, rather than swerve your thread off topic ;)

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There may be a few XF goodies coming up for sale in a bit! Got to start to de-mod or is that de-mob the car now.

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,929 Posts

What's that all about?
Most newish Jags these days, at least those with the AJ133 and AJ126, rev to 2,000 rpm on start up then take a while to drop from fast idle (around 1,200 rpm) to normal idle (around 650 rpm), especially in cold weather. The software update deletes the 2,000 rpm bit and also drops the idle speed back a little sooner.
Another solution that our Yank friends employ is to whack it into D or R asap after start up, which immediately drops the revs (and noise).

Reactions: dales

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Good choice Alan, enjoy.

Reactions: cutlea01

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, just noticed, no heated steering wheel :(

• Wow
Reactions: OBC John and Popeye

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
No but you have heated windscreen which means the possibility of adding a wheel.

·
Administrator
29,222 Posts
When do you collect it?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure yet, I'm waiting on a finance company to transfer a quite large amount of cash to me under probate. I didn't really want to be buying a car until the money was with me but I'd spotted this one and they're quite hard to find with all the options I wanted, in a colour that was acceptable. I've told Marshalls that I should have the finance in about a week but it could be two. No idea how fast I will get the money in reality. The probate paperwork is with them so all they have to do is transfer it to my account. How long should that really take? My late parents had all their savings in several investment portfolios but I'd already liquidated them and they are being held as cash accounts. Nothing is quick with this finance company and everything has to be done by emails or worse, snail mail. Nothing is web based or electronic.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
I was lucky in that my sister was working for a probate company so could get things moving. It was still very slow to get the big cheques come through. I guess when you get a letter from the company asking to confirm your bank details, it would be in your account shortly after.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 186 Posts