Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an XF S And love everything about it. I’m trying to find excuses to drive it.

Two things I’m curious about is the potential lack of voice command and the 3G. Any way to find out if I have voice command? Any need to upgrade the 3G, which will no longer be supported by AT&T in a year or two?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hi and welcome! All that torque so addictive! One of the best v6 around. MY 2017 should come 3G as standard. At least If you have got ICT PRO dash and cluster sure 3g it is.
You have got voice command as well ( not many though). Press the button on the left side of the steering. Looks like a side face speaking and press it till you hear the tone and simply ask "voice tutorial" and you'll learn what you can do in seconds.
Don't forget to post photos of the beast.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the button and pressed it but nothing happens. When I go into the display panel and enter voice commands I have nothing there.

·
Registered
17,603 Posts
I have the button and pressed it but nothing happens. When I go into the display panel and enter voice commands I have nothing there.
Then you don't have it I'm afraid. That button will mute the entertainment system instead.
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Nice! Guess it’s petrol :)
hold the button a few seconds. it definitely should work. It was working on my MY 2016 as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wife is adamant I should have it but everything I’ve read says otherwise. I’m calling a local Jaguar dealer for confirmation. Can’t do it now as it’s a national holiday.

Mente - thanks!

OBC John - thanks for the welcome, loving the Jag so far.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Welcome, looks lovely.

Look on Topix that will give you all the fitted options on your car.

My 2016 built R-Sport has voice control so I’d assume that an S spec car would also have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I think it’s standard on any Xf since 2016. I had a look as well at the user manual and maybe this could
be the issue here?
“The voice control system does not operate, if the SD card supplied with the vehicle is not inserted correctly into the SD card slot“.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hello & welcome

·
18,143 Posts
Welcome,
which part of 'across the pond' are you in?

Car looks a good un!

It's not a V8, but it still goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Hey Rigger, I’m in Boston. The S is a V6 and has great pickup. Has the 20 inch wheels to go along as well. We get a mix of different weather up here so interested to see how the all wheel drive holds up to these winters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome, looks lovely.

My 2016 built R-Sport has voice control so I’d assume that an S spec car would also have it.

Per your advice, I checked on Topix and
Welcome, looks lovely.

per your advice, I checked TOPix and it states my car has VOICE ACTIVATED CONTROLS. I’ll wait to see what A local dealer says when I call. Thanks

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I spent some time in MIT and just loved Boston itself. However when I was there there was a massive snow dump and I doubt even winter tyres would have handled it lol.

·
Administrator
27,487 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I guess you will be investing in winter tyres? Even 4WD won't help in snow on summers.

·
18,143 Posts
Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Hey Rigger, I’m in Boston. The S is a V6 and has great pickup. Has the 20 inch wheels to go along as well. We get a mix of different weather up here so interested to see how the all wheel drive holds up to these winters.
Yup - I have the same car, same engine, less AWD. Loving the grunt when the engine gets going. We used to get good winters here with plenty of snow - not so much now. Maybe just a cyclic thing.

One major difference though, my wheel is on the right /correct side ;)

Only kidding - happy motoring.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Per your advice, I checked on Topix and

per your advice, I checked TOPix and it states my car has VOICE ACTIVATED CONTROLS. I’ll wait to see what A local dealer says when I call. Thanks
As Mattia says above, make sure the SD navigation card is in its slot under the front centre armrest The card is specific to the car, so if it's missing the Dealer will have to arrange one from Jaguar direct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As Mattia says above, make sure the SD navigation card is in its slot under the front centre armrest The card is specific to the car, so if it's missing the Dealer will have to arrange one from Jaguar direct.

View attachment 180331 View attachment 180330
I double checked the SIM card. Took it out and put it back in. The navigation works well and no issues. Thanks for weighing in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts