Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning fellow Jaguar owners

My name is Ali and i live in town called Shrewsbury in the UK. Last night i took possession of a lovely 2010 X351 Portfolio, after pondering for some time whether to keep with BMW's, i was looking at a few 740D's or go for something completely different and the XJ won hands down because of the amount of standard equipment fitted, as opposed to the Germans and there optional extras. Although i was a bit disappointed this morning to find that mine doesn't have a TV or DAB radio.

I do all my own servicing and will be carrying out a oil and filter change in the coming days, i will be doing the oil change the conventional way via the sump plug, i have never liked the suction method.

The 240 mile drive back home last night after collecting the car was fabulous, it reminds me of my old S class although not as sure footed as my current 5 Series(i will miss this car), zero noise from outside and very good suspension.

Was very surprised that my XJ isn't suffering any creaking noises from the sunroof, like i have read on the forums, maybe i have spoken too soon.

Anyway time to give the interior a good clean(stinks of cigarette smoke) but i paid well below the market price and have a lot of bills that came with the car totaling a few thousand pounds, so i cant moan really.

·
Registered
175 Posts
sounds great
be sure to post some pictures when your able ,

BB

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Welcome aboard Ali, lots of good info and help here if you should need it!

There has also been the odd bit of banter, or two, or three.. and threads may wander a little off topic.. for quite a long time sometimes...

I hope your defection to Jaguar is as good as you hope for!!.. :cool:

·
Administrator
27,296 Posts
Welcome Ali, the X351 is a very nice car to drive.

·
17,724 Posts
Welcome Ali - sounds like a nice car you have there.

Best send some pics up for us to all have a gander :)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I'd quite fancy an XJ myself if I didn't need an estate.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ali. And to Jaguar. And the X351 XJ.
Photos are always welcome.

Sent from my Galaxy S10 5G using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts